Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throwing
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
VykosDarkSoul
Had a situation where my groups troll tried to throw their dwarf....Colossus/Wolverine style. Had to adhock it because i couldnt find the rules in a timely manner (and i dont believe in stalling my game for 30 minutes while people look up and bicker over a ruling).

I ruled it at the time as an improvised thrown weapon.

What I'm looking for is rules on how much a character can throw, how much damage a metamissle would do etc...i know there are rules for it somewhere.

Thanks in advance!
VykosDarkSoul
P.S. it WAS rather funny smile.gif
snowRaven
QUOTE (VykosDarkSoul @ Mar 20 2012, 05:28 PM) *
Had a situation where my groups troll tried to throw their dwarf....Colossus/Wolverine style. Had to adhock it because i couldnt find the rules in a timely manner (and i dont believe in stalling my game for 30 minutes while people look up and bicker over a ruling).

I ruled it at the time as an improvised thrown weapon.

What I'm looking for is rules on how much a character can throw, how much damage a metamissle would do etc...i know there are rules for it somewhere.

Thanks in advance!

Arsenal pg.20; 'Improvised Throwing Weapons' Range: (Str-Bod)/2, Damage: (Bod)S
I don't think it says anywhere, but I'm guessing thrower's Strength minus projectile's Body here, and damage is projectile's Body.
ZeroPoint
Well, I beleive metahuman body is listed as an improvised thrown weapon in Arsenal. Then you would just have to reference the ranges as listed.

Edit: Ninja'd by the snowRaven
VykosDarkSoul
Excellent! see, again this is what i get for posting at work nyahnyah.gif but a thought....and i know its a bad one, but...missle mastery and Power Throw adept powers?

Im seeing someone specialized in Dwarf Tossing....

...i think i just hurt my brain....
snowRaven
QUOTE (VykosDarkSoul @ Mar 20 2012, 05:56 PM) *
Excellent! see, again this is what i get for posting at work nyahnyah.gif but a thought....and i know its a bad one, but...missle mastery and Power Throw adept powers?

Im seeing someone specialized in Dwarf Tossing....

Go for it!!!
Magus
This has been done before but with Ghouls now you have a dual natured missle.
BishopMcQ
If the meta human body is still alive, I'd have both the tossed and the target soak damage. Additional damage from Power Throw would add to both.

Thoughts on using Acrobatics to stage down the damage of person being thrown?
pbangarth
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Mar 20 2012, 11:32 PM) *
Thoughts on using Acrobatics to stage down the damage of person being thrown?
"landing on his feet", as it were? Maybe requires the Catlike Quality.
Raiki
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Mar 20 2012, 11:34 PM) *
"landing on his feet", as it were? Maybe requires the Catlike Quality.

I don't know, maybe I've seen too many kung fu movies, but I'm seeing it as a mid-air somersault into a dropkick. spin.gif

~R~
Yerameyahu
You've only got a couple meters in midair to pull that off.
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Mar 21 2012, 01:10 PM) *

PLENTY of room

Relevant proof:
Cool flips n stuff
Raiki
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Mar 21 2012, 12:10 AM) *

:Shrug: I wasn't saying a CTHD style wire-jump-into-ten-thousand-somersaults. Maybe just one quick forward flip so that you land feet first on their chest. Should maximize damage to the target while minimizing damage to the projectile.

Then again, I did specifically mention my over abundance of kung fu movie watching, so you can assume it has had at least a slight impact on my grasp of real world physics.

Edit: Yeah, there's ^that^ too. grinbig.gif

~R~
Makki
there's also the Throw maneuver.
I was once thinking about throwing one enemy onto another. Hard to manage ruleswise.

Range for the maneuver is different than the Improves throwing weapon range.
And I'm not actually making a throwing weapons test, it's an opposed test against the missile.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012