Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mana enera
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
tim
Is this spell as good as it looks v. other mages/spirits? And would anyone happen to know if there was an Aspected version? I have a vague memory of seeing one posted around here, or some way to negate the penalties that you take from Background Count.

As a slightly related note, would the Elemental (Earth) Wall spell and taking a variety of Shape (Plasteel, Ceramic, Stone, Concrete etc.) be a decent idea if I was going for a mage less focused on killing people and more focused on putting my team in a better position and generally doing shenanigans with the terrain?

EDIT: I.....I don't even know how I mistyped the topic of the thread. It was MEANT to be "Mana Static," but it seems that I cannot type words today.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
Mana Static is not bad. Aspected Mana Static is only in the Tables, but creates a Static Zone aspected to your Tradition. Many don't particularly like that spell.

I like the various applications of Shape Spells Myself, and have a character that actually uses about 4 or 5 variations of them.
BishopMcQ
Mana Static as originally written had an aspected version, and was as good as it looked. It got hit with the nerf bat heavily to bring it back in line. Now, as I recall, it builds up at one point per round.

The Shape spells are fun, only difficulty with them is OR. Some hijinks about releasing the spell before it's permanent, so the wall snaps back to the original form can get a little wonky. (What happens to things in the wall, how suddenly does it snap back, if you move a load bearing wall what happens etc.)
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Mar 30 2012, 12:45 PM) *
Mana Static as originally written had an aspected version, and was as good as it looked. It got hit with the nerf bat heavily to bring it back in line. Now, as I recall, it builds up at one point per round.

The Shape spells are fun, only difficulty with them is OR. Some hijinks about releasing the spell before it's permanent, so the wall snaps back to the original form can get a little wonky. (What happens to things in the wall, how suddenly does it snap back, if you move a load bearing wall what happens etc.)

Yep, BGC from either version of the Mana Static Spell builds at the rate of 1 point/Turn.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012