Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What isn't yours..
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
SinN
This will be a private post to post game for user Lady Door. However, I am open to possibly a few other players joining after the game has started. If interested, post here with said interest and shoot me a pm, Also, I like Jamison.
We will use the standard House rules.
550 BP char

Speech is in Salmon
Thought is in Aquamarine
All text and anything in writing will be in Red
Mind-link(should there be any awakened afoot) will be in Blue
Actions and rolls will be in Gold

For rolling we'll be using invisiblecastle.com. Simply post the link next to your roll.
Lady Door
Working on a character now. smile.gif Reserving this spot now...
Redjack
Q: Dwarven Adept, Former Bodyguard, wanna-be hacker

Exerts from his diary
[ Spoiler ]
SinN
Aw Redjack, I was hoping you'd bite. smile.gif

Im open to any charactor you can muster. I like to make that part of my games random. Creates an element of unpredictablilty that I very much enjoy. Write up a sheet. 550 BP, and pretty much free reign as long as you dont bust the BP limit. And consider a spot for yourself reserved my friend smile.gif
Redjack
QUOTE (SinN @ Apr 1 2012, 07:09 PM) *
Aw Redjack, I was hoping you'd bite. smile.gif

Im open to any charactor you can muster. I like to make that part of my games random. Creates an element of unpredictablilty that I very much enjoy. Write up a sheet. 550 BP, and pretty much free reign as long as you dont bust the BP limit. And consider a spot for yourself reserved my friend smile.gif
Made my day! Consider it not just a bite, but hook, line and sinker.

Couple of framing questions as I ponder a character: Do you allow submersion/initiation for these characters? If so, what is the BP to Karma conversion? Are there things you really want to keep out of the game like technomancers or hackers as the primary archetype? Any idea on LadyDoor's character concept?
SinN
Doors charactor is the Cat Burgular type, Covert Ops spec I beleive. As far as submersion and initiation, if you can afford it, then Im game. When I said Free Reign I meant just that. Only limit I put on was a 550 BP. Send me a char sheet when youre finished, and if I see something that may conflict with the game, Ill let you know, though Im doubtful it will.
Redjack
Ok. Narrowing in on a concept: Dwarven Adept Initiate; social/physical blend.
What city are we working out of?

EDIT:
Q: Former bodyguard turned shadowrunner.

First Impression
Standing just over 1.2 meters in height and a full meter across his shoulders, Q presents a very stereotypical physical appearance for a dwarf. His full beard is neatly trimmed and his long hair back and braided into a single ponytail. His choice of worn jeans, rugged boots and snug t-shirt complement his natural physical appear and he carries himself with a sense of self assurance that is calming. A black, non-descript duffel bag, nearly as big as himself, lays on the ground nearby where he effortlessly placed it a moment before. Without even knowing him, it is obvious to a casual onlooker of both the power and confidence of his presence.

Combat Loadout
His bulging muscles clearly defined beneath the skin-tight black suit, his web gear laden with large ammo pouches and a very large, modern assault rifle in his hands, the vision screams lethality before all begin to fade as the chameleon circuits are engaged.
SinN
I love it. Looking forward to the charactor sheet. Also, we're playing out of Seattle. Year is 2072.
Redjack
Do you want the character sheet posted inline (I would edit my first post) or PM or Email?
Mickle5125
want one more?
SinN
Go ahead and send me one so i can check it out, Ill give the go ahead and then post it here, make sure to use spoilers.

And Mickle, absolutely. Write up a charactor, send it to me in a pm and then post it here. Like I stated to Redjack, you have free reign on your charactor as long as you stay within the 550 BP limit. Ill keep one more spot open for Uncle Fisty. Aside from that, No more applications.

The Players are as follows:
Lady Door
Redjack
Mickle5125
Fistandantilus2.0
(Pending)
Mickle5125
Yay! I sorta want to bring Vincent back into this game, just to have an assassin working with a bodyguard. ^_^
Mickle5125
free contact points?
SinN
Nope, no free contact points.
Mickle5125
oh darn... *snaps his fingers*
Redjack
Sent character in PM the other day... That in line with what you were thinking?
Mickle5125
Ok, I haven't forgotten about this. I promise. Things have just gotten a little busy. I'll try to finish up my character sometime today and get him pm'd to you.
SinN
Me either, no worries guys. What Im going to do is have the three of you go ahead and post. What your charactor is doing, day to day stuff, then once I have your opening, Ill get you started on the run.
Redjack
Posted.
Mickle5125
and posted. I was having way too much trouble with that. Stupid writer's block
SinN
No worries man, still waiting on Plan B to post before i proceed. Ill bug her about it. Also, I still need a char sheet from Mickle and Plan B. If you could both be so kind? Excellent posts from both of you by the way. Seems I gots me some pro's on my hands grinbig.gif
Mickle5125
it's on its way
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (SinN @ Apr 2 2012, 03:31 PM) *
.... Ill keep one more spot open for Uncle Fisty. Aside from that, No more applications.

The Players are as follows:
Lady Door
Redjack
Mickle5125
Fistandantilus2.0
(Pending)

While I'd like to, you know about my schedule issues coming up. I'm out again pretty quick for another couple of weeks and no idea if I'll have internet during that time. I'll hit you up off line and we'll talk about it.
fistandantilus4.0
Well my planned training trip was canned by my command, and my other issue we've discussed. I'll shoot you a PM with my character sheet and get a pos up and see if the "Lady" is still planning on getting in on this. As we discussed ofline, I'll play Titan. Been a looong time since I played a troll street sam.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (SinN @ Apr 2 2012, 04:31 PM) *
Like I stated to Redjack, you have free reign on your charactor as long as you stay within the 550 BP limit.

So am I correct in assuming that counts for gear availability as well? Looking at you suprathyroid gland.
Mickle5125
if so, I've got a fair amount of BP to spend still... ^_^
Redjack
Spent mine all the way down. Amazing how fast it goes when you really get into spending it... kinda like money.
fistandantilus4.0
working on the tweaks on mine. So sad to see how quick those points can do. I'm tempted to tryand mix in Rigger along with Street sam, but we'll see how points end up.
Redjack
Search for information about Matchstick's: Browse(5) + Data Search(3)
[3,6,3,5,4,2,2,6] = 3 hits (3)
[5,3,2,5,2,4,2] = 2 hits (5)
[4,2,5,4,4,5] = 2 hist (7)
[6,4,6,6,3] = 3 hits (10)
[2,5,2,5] = 2 hits (12)
SinN
Sorry for the slow post guys. Works been a bit on the crazier side. Ill have a post up for you thursday. Im afriad ill be unavailable for just a few days. But no worries, I havent forgotten.
SinN
Lemme know when you guys are prepped and Ill go ahead and move ahead to the meet if its quite alright with you fine gents.
fistandantilus4.0
I'm ready. Just chillin' . n the wrong damn state, but ready.
Mickle5125
I'm ready to move on
Redjack
Ready.
SinN
Great posts so far guys. Enjoying the game already. Anyone heard from Mickle recently?
SinN
Ah, there you are. Mick, am I to understand youve arrived at the booth or you havent made your way over yet? So far the only one to go meet the J is Uncle Fisty. Unless Im just reading Mickles post wrong, then you have my apologies. grinbig.gif
Mickle5125
haven't approached the J yet. I'll watch the troll talk for a moment, then approach if he doesn't get sent off.
SinN
RJ, speech is Salmon rotfl.gif
And thought is Aquamarine
Redjack
I forgot that Fisty corrupted you to that scheme... breaking... I mean fixing... nyahnyah.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Mwa ha ha. Mwa ha. Mwa ha. Ha ha.
wink.gif
Mickle5125
I'm out of town for a week and don't know if I'll have internet access. I'll see what I can do, though!
SinN
Not a problem. My job frequently takes me out of town. And I have been slacking as of late.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Mickle5125 @ May 19 2012, 10:12 PM) *
I'm out of town for a week and don't know if I'll have internet access. I'll see what I can do, though!

Know the feeling.
Redjack
I assume I am the negotiator? My skill is 4. Anyone assist for extra dice?
fistandantilus4.0
Only if you want him intimidated smile.gif
Mickle5125
QUOTE (Redjack @ May 21 2012, 03:43 PM) *
I assume I am the negotiator? My skill is 4. Anyone assist for extra dice?

skill of 1, charisma of 6. I'll not assist, apparently. Yeesh.
Redjack
Charisma(4) + Negotiation(4) + First Impression(2) [2,6,6,1,2,3,6,6,4,1] = 4 hits

As an FYI, I will probably be off the grid from Tuesday to Tuesday.
fistandantilus4.0
SinN, RJs gonna be gone for a while so we'll just be chillin', I guess.
SinN
We already have been, but I suppose thats more my fault right now. RL has been INSANE. Extra Karma will be awarded for the pateince fellas.
fistandantilus4.0
HA! Yeah RJ usualy makes more karma off my guilt for not being around then progress in game. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012