Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brainscan Timelines
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Cheops
I'm doing some rough sketches of a campaign in Seattle while my Warhammer game is on hiatus and having some trouble trying to find a specific date.

I am looking for the date on which the power goes out in Seattle -- basically the date of the first run in Brainscan. It's a fairly big enough event that it should have hit the official timeline somewhere. If someone could give me the date and book/page reference that'd be appreciated. Considering that Brainscan assumes widespread rioting and looting I imagine there's been an official date on it.

Peregrine escapes the Arcology on Jan 9th, 2060 and Inazo Aneki arrives in Hong Kong around May 7, 2060 so it should be somewhere between those two dates.
Draco18s
March 19th, 2060. IIRC (based on having read Psychotrope some years ago) it happened at around 10am.
Dr.Rockso
QUOTE (Cheops @ Apr 3 2012, 09:49 AM) *
I'm doing some rough sketches of a campaign in Seattle while my Warhammer game is on hiatus and having some trouble trying to find a specific date.

I am looking for the date on which the power goes out in Seattle -- basically the date of the first run in Brainscan. It's a fairly big enough event that it should have hit the official timeline somewhere. If someone could give me the date and book/page reference that'd be appreciated. Considering that Brainscan assumes widespread rioting and looting I imagine there's been an official date on it.

Peregrine escapes the Arcology on Jan 9th, 2060 and Inazo Aneki arrives in Hong Kong around May 7, 2060 so it should be somewhere between those two dates.

I'll look it up for ya when I get home, if no one beats me to it. Never ran it, but Brain Scan was a great adventure to read through.
Sengir
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Apr 3 2012, 07:01 PM) *
March 19th, 2060. IIRC (based on having read Psychotrope some years ago) it happened at around 10am.

The matrix shutdown by Mirage was a separate event. Cheops is talking about the first run in Brainscan, in which the runners are hired to insert a program into a host, which then causes a power failue in Seattle wink.gif
Draco18s
QUOTE (Sengir @ Apr 3 2012, 03:18 PM) *
The matrix shutdown by Mirage was a separate event. Cheops is talking about the first run in Brainscan, in which the runners are hired to insert a program into a host, which then causes a power failue in Seattle wink.gif

Ha! Clever me.
Cheops
Oooh, I think that may be the random matrix shutdown I've seen referred to but could never find out wtf it was. Thanks for that! Never read the novel so I would have missed that event.

But yeah original question was about the power outage due to the first run in Brainscan.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Cheops @ Apr 3 2012, 03:48 PM) *
Oooh, I think that may be the random matrix shutdown I've seen referred to but could never find out wtf it was. Thanks for that! Never read the novel so I would have missed that event.

Get the book. No seriously. 300 page novel in a time span of about 12 minutes. Also a great intro to how the Matrix operates.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012