Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Getting stuff from here to there
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Shanshu Freeman
Our team usually operates out of Seattle, but we hit an abandoned city in Nebraska, for our Johnson. The job was to clear 4 houses of any and all threats or disturbances.

We parachuted in at daybreak, first stop was a car dealership to put together some rides, then we moved on to a convenience store and then we found a defendable building to crash at nightfall. The downside is that we'd have to park on the street. We went on and investigated the first house, pulling down curtains and smashing windows open, to keep it open and aired out. I also pulled the hinge pins on all the doors and stacked them in a bedroom.

The last transaction on the car dealership's register was in December of 2060, and the date on the newspaper in the convenience store was a month after that. There were mutations and other strange goings on.

My rough outline of what I wanna do;

-find a newspaper or radio station news room, police department or city hall, in the phone book, and see about gathering information and armaments.

-find spotlights, lots of big bright ones, whatever happens in these places seems to happen at night, possible pick up places are off of squad cars if we find any, and maybe a hardware store.

-find an electronics store, I'd like to put together a few repeaters to put in the cars and boost our signals for radios.

-I've been talking to my decker/librarian friend, and he's gonna dig up anything he can find on the city.

low priority, stuff I'll do while everyone else is busy:

-back to the convenience store, pick up a huge bag of salt, to dump in a ring around our hideout... in case it does any good holding back ghosties.

-sports cards and collectables store, the city was abandoned quickly, about 7 or 8 years before our game's "today" maybe we can stock up on valuable collectables.

-jewelry store same reason

-----------------------------

What do you guys think?

We can call our Johnson for an extraction, and he can pull us out within two minutes. My question would be, what would a road trip be like from Nebraska to Seattle? If we had the proper documents and stuff, would it be tough?
If that didn't work, would gridguide and auto navigate and stuff get an suv that far on its own? Or would there be a way to mail ourselves any loot, say by stopping in Omaha? Or should I hire a driver, if I could do it and still make a profit?

... what do you guys think?

Smiley
Mailing any booty you guys "acquire" doesn't sound like a bad idea. Just keep it qusi-legal. No explosives or anthrax, obviously.
RedmondLarry
If you have any smuggler contacts, they might be able to help, as they are in the business of getting things from here to there.
kevyn668
If you wanna light something up, hit a Fire Station. IRL, they always have lots of portable flood lights.
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (kevyn668)
If you wanna light something up, hit a Fire Station. IRL, they always have lots of portable flood lights.

awesome, thanks for the tip... Why do they do that though? is that so they can see the fire better? (firefighting noob = me)

Smiley
Mailing any booty you guys "acquire" doesn't sound like a bad idea. Just keep it qusi-legal. No explosives or anthrax, obviously.
Can I set up an account with mailboxes etc in seattle over the phone?

OurTeam
If you have any smuggler contacts, they might be able to help, as they are in the business of getting things from here to there.
I don't know any, but our hatchetman has a fixer who might know a smuggler...
Crusher Bob

What has your Johnson told you about the place? What about a matrix news search, or a search on web conspiracy pages?

One of the simplest things to do is not sleep. If you are in any physical condition, you should be able to go 24 hours without a problem, with another 12-24 producing a light wound (stun).

Be careful about any food and water in the city, they might be contaminated with something.

You did bring your won food and water didn't you?
And you broungt your NBC gear?

The likely places to look for info on what happened be the local emergency room, see what their admission records have to say.
What was the population of this place, and where did the people go? Lofting a drone of two to look for mass graves of similar might yield results.

If you are looking for loot, you can see if the town had a national guard armory.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012