Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seattle Neighborhoods
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Mickle5125
So. I'm trying to build a character, but am having trouble figuring out where in Seattle my character lives, and my search-fu is weak. What are the lifestyle ratings of the various neighborhoods in Seattle?
Eratosthenes
I imagine that, as each of the sprawl's districts are very large and diverse, they would have a variety of lifestyle ratings. Tacoma would range from street to luxury, for instance, depending on where exactly in Tacoma you were. Even the Barrens likely would have some middle class areas.

You should check out the Seattle 2072 sourcebook.
Angelone
If you have Runner's Companion the neighborhood category of the lifestyle section gives some examples. Pg 156.
Method
It might be easier for us to help if you have an idea of what lifestyle and district you are looking for.

For example: Redmond Barrens + Medium Lifestyle = Bargain Basement
CanRay
Runner's Havens or Seattle 2072 will have the details you want. Seattle 2072 having more details, of course.
Snow_Fox
If you can find it, the original Seatle Sourcebook that came out in the last century (God that sounds old) broke down neighborhoods like your looking for. OH the one thing they never seem to mention about Seattle-freaking hills steep nasty hills. trust me on that.
naga-nuyen
I use a combination of New Seattle, which breaks down the city regions in AAA-Z areas. Then I use 2072 and Runners companion to find if there any updates to these region codes.

Also this link is to great Google map updated with the sprawl sites listed in the Seattle sourcebooks.

http://shadowrun.chinagreenelvis.com/map/index.html
Mickle5125
QUOTE (Method @ Apr 9 2012, 03:03 PM) *
It might be easier for us to help if you have an idea of what lifestyle and district you are looking for.

For example: Redmond Barrens + Medium Lifestyle = Bargain Basement

low lifestyle, somewhere that the mafia would have set up a made man they got out of prison.
naga-nuyen
I would look in Auburn Sumner (rated C in New Seattle["some areas", usually look for the low income areas to boarder the worst district near it. In this case it would south side Sumner bordering on Puyallup]).

District has heavy Mafia presence, Low income, sits right near 410 for Highway access. Clone Zone mall and Diamond Deckers from the source book is nearby.

If you want closer to Downtown Tukwila to the south and Bitter Lake in the North come in at Low income. Tukwila is good, it is close to SeaTac, has the Duwamish waterway to the north.
D2F
I like to use this Site to estimate the Lifestyles levels of my Neighborhood of choice.
Mickle5125
Ah! both of those answers were very, very helpful! Thanks guys! Learning things I never knew about Shadowrun's Seattle!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012