Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The tale of two rulebooks.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
almost normal
Heya folks. Recently purchased the 20th anniv. edition rulebook. By mistake, the seller sent me an exact copy of my order over again. I wrote to him and told him of the error, and am awaiting his reply, but until then, I noticed something odd. The second rulebook he sent me has a bookmark, but seems to be 5-10% smaller. Is there a difference in printings besides the bookmark?
Tanegar
Check the number of pages. With a difference that small, it's possible that one simply uses thinner paper.
almost normal
Pagecount was the same. Turns out my rulebook is a 2011 printing, the smaller is an 08.

Of course, my edition had all sorts of problems with the pages. Some were sticky, others had a coarse powder all over them, and 6 or 7 sections the pages had never been mechanically seperated, so they were still one solid sheet, unable to view those two pages.
_Pax._
... hence why I begin to prefer PDF and eBook formats, over the traditional Dead Tree Edition, for my gaming supplements ...
Chainsaw Samurai
QUOTE (almost normal @ Apr 20 2012, 01:29 PM) *
Pagecount was the same. Turns out my rulebook is a 2011 printing, the smaller is an 08.

Of course, my edition had all sorts of problems with the pages. Some were sticky, others had a coarse powder all over them, and 6 or 7 sections the pages had never been mechanically seperated, so they were still one solid sheet, unable to view those two pages.

So I guess you've decided which copy to send back to the publisher huh?
almost normal
QUOTE (Chainsaw Samurai @ Apr 20 2012, 06:00 PM) *
So I guess you've decided which copy to send back to the publisher huh?

Dealer said I could sell the book for cheap. Sold it for 25. Best deal anyone's likely to get for an unused rulebook.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012