Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anti-duiretic hormone inhibitor vectored via DMSO
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
blakkie
A possible new bioweapon. I'm not thinking via squirtgun, more subtle like a contact agent on a doorhandle. It would work like a concentrated beer, rye&coke, etc. This would be for operations where you need the security guard to be busy, or you need someone extremely distracted, but in a 'natural' way that wasn't easily noticed so the alarms or suspisions are not raised.
mfb
i'd use a DMSO-carcerand cocktail. get several batches of carcerands with scaling release periods--say, a mix of two-minutes, six-minutes, and ten-minutes. fill the carcerands with, say Burn, which acts like a potent alcohol. the guard gets piss-drunk, you do your thing. when the incident is investigated, it looks like the guard was drunk on duty.
blakkie
Ya, but still the -guard- knows he didn't drink. He is a good enough employee that the employer allows him to submit to a Mind Probe/Truth spell and he comes out clean. They can look elsewhere. Plus during he is obviously intoxicated to any around him.

What i'm talking about is the next level of stealth.
Rev
An anti-diuretic(bah or however you spell that) hormone inhibitor would make the guard's bladder fill causing him to go pee.

Just on the off chance that not every person who reads this thread wil know that off the top of thier head. wink.gif

Fun idea.
blakkie
QUOTE (Rev @ Apr 12 2004, 11:22 PM)
An anti-diuretic(bah or however you spell that) hormone inhibitor would make the guard's bladder fill causing him to go pee.

Just on the off chance that not every person who reads this thread wil know that off the top of thier head. wink.gif

Fun idea.

Thanks for clarifying that, i sort of dropped the ball there. I forgot some people may have skipped over some of the interesting, SR-relavent parts of the Shadows of Europe thread. frown.gif
Adarael
How would that particular problem be alleviated by the guard getting 'drunk' by grabbing a door handle, exactly? The guard still knows he didn't drink.

Hell, if you want real fun and know your target, coat the guard's soda with it and do something to make it fast-acting. That way you can blame the soda company (or soda division, if it's a Mitsuhama guard and he's drinking Mitsuhama Cola, say).

Course, that latter part takes some freakin' doing.
Arethusa
Honestly, he may be making frequent, short trips to the bathroom, but not really enough to keep him incapacitated for long. I suggest something along the lines of ipecac, or perhaps a very potent laxative, either of which are going to incapacitate the guard for more time and with greater plausibility. It must've been, after all, something he ate.
Zazen
A diuretic is far more subtle than making him puke or giving him the runs, though.

And I don't know what an "anti-diuretic hormone inhibitor" is, but everytime I've read something about these effects of alcohol, coffee, etc. they just called them "diuretics".

I think this is a pretty cool idea. In 2063 there is surely some potent diuretic that is effective even in tiny doses like that which would coat a door handle.
Jason Farlander
Antidiuretic hormone (ADH) allows you to reabsorb water from the tubules in your kidneys to help keep you hydrated. An antidiuretic hormon inhibitor would block the function of ADH, drastically reducing your ability to reabsorb that water. A diuretic simply causes your body to produce more urine, and your body responds to the presence of a diuretic by producing more ADH in an effort to maintain a constant hydration level. ADHI would block your body's ability to effectively control its hydration level.

...which brings up an interesting question: How easily could a DMSO cocktail containing a powerful diruetic as well as ADHI kill you?
Arethusa
That sounds about right. A dose of ADH would be far more problematic than simply giving you a diuretic. And, really, while pissing might seem more subtle, something to effectively induce temporary nausea or diarrhea would seem much more probably because potential causes are much less discernable.

As for the cocktail, it very well could, but I find it unlikely that it would do it terribly quickly, nor could it do it effectively. Then again, it's been some time since I last took bio, so I could very well be wrong.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012