Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Chainsaw Samurai
Not going to spoil it. Just watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1N6QfuIh0g...player_embedded

Discuss.
SpellBinder
Next step, soylent green.
Daylen
Soylent Brown... I guess they're getting ready to have Mega City Japan with some Judges.
Kyoto Kid
...OMGdess, it's Brown 25 another wonderful product from Uranus Corp.!

Gives literal meaning to "S.O.S."
TheOOB
That food is...problematic.

Apart from the yuck factor, I'm worried that any process that would render it safe for human consumption would be dangerous in an of itself. Also, honestly animal waste can actually be useful in some respects, and there are easier ways of feeding many people.
CanRay
Easier, yes. Cheaper, however?
Naysayer
With mass-distribution, the cost could be reduced to about the cost of regular meat.
That's not exactly "cheap food for the masses".
It's just a way to get rid of the poopoo.
Chainsaw Samurai
QUOTE (CanRay @ Apr 18 2012, 01:44 AM) *
Easier, yes. Cheaper, however?

Actually that is one of the hilarious parts of this video.

He mentions how expensive it currently is, which is logical since it is still under development and getting produced in small quantities.

However he then goes on to say something along the lines of "when this hits the market we could have it priced the same as real meat."

Same? Really? This is poo meat. If it isn't pennies on the dollar compared to beef, who the hell is going to eat it?
onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk
QUOTE (Chainsaw Samurai @ Apr 18 2012, 08:23 AM) *
Actually that is one of the hilarious parts of this video.

He mentions how expensive it currently is, which is logical since it is still under development and getting produced in small quantities.

However he then goes on to say something along the lines of "when this hits the market we could have it priced the same as real meat."

Same? Really? This is poo meat. If it isn't pennies on the dollar compared to beef, who the hell is going to eat it?

whos going to tell you its not real meat? Speaking as a chef personally, some of the things ive seen in sketchy places makes me really take a good look at sourcing before I buy anything these days.
Chainsaw Samurai
QUOTE (onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk @ Apr 18 2012, 09:33 AM) *
whos going to tell you its not real meat? Speaking as a chef personally, some of the things ive seen in sketchy places makes me really take a good look at sourcing before I buy anything these days.

Has anyone seen Pentagon Wars? It has nothing to do with this conversation so I'll be brief: A movie detailing the creation and testing of the US Military's Bradley Fighting Vehicle that is full of the exact sorts of politics, moronic suggestions, and back room deals that you'd expect from a gigantic military industrial complex operation. Oh, and it's kind of a comedy.

I summed that up because it is relevant. It leads to a very awkward feeling that I don't particularly enjoy having: "That's funny, well it would be if it wasn't true. Never mind that is kind of terrifying."

You just bridged from comedy town to terrorville.

I hope you're happy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012