Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yucatan
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
mister__joshua
We're currently doing a run where we're trying to smuggle guns through Aztlan to Yucatan rebels (I know, it's ridiculously dangerous and we're not being paid enough). I've been reading the 6th World Almanac but there isn't much on Yucatan and the conflict. tried War! but that doesn't mention it either. Where would I get some good background on the Yucatan/Aztlan conflict and the current situation in Yucatan?

Cheers
ravensmuse
I want to say that the Yucatan Conflict starts in Year of the Comet and works its way through other books around that period - I know that Dragons of the Sixth World mentions it, and I want to say the same for State of the Art 2063 / 64.

The end result - as well as great write-ups of both Aztlan and the Yucatan Peninsula - can be read in the compiled Shadows of Latin America.
mister__joshua
That's awesome, cheers. I've heard it mentioned before but never really knew what it was. I'll give it a good read.
thepatriot
Nigel Findley's Aztlan Sourcebook is circa 2056, so it's not much help... but it does give a lot of the background that leads into the rebellion.

I believe you will find the section on Hualpa (Dragons of the Sixth World pp.83) helpful. On pp. 91 there's a brief on the rebellion (and Hualpa's part in it).
ravensmuse
Findley's Aztlan is good - a little scatterbrained, but good. I found the Aztlan section of SoLA a very good distilled version of what Findley wrote, honestly, with some plot moved forward.

...now that I think about it, there's an interview at the very beginning of Findley's Aztlan that's set at about the point the conflict started up, and features an interview between Hualpa and a reporter.
Sir_Psycho
I thought Pobre was Dzibaltchen. The Pyramid finally caught the wyrm.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012