Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A few new weapon mods
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
The Jopp
High-Powered
The weapon has a heavier caliber than usual.
Damage: +1AP
All recoil doubled
Cost: 2000+Weapon
Slots: 3
Treshold: 20
Availability: 12F

Combined Mods
Combined mods allows for a combination of mounts that are usually fixed on the same location, this can be a top mounted scope with an integrated smartlink or a Gasvent 3 with a built in supressor. It is usually used in order to save up space and is most seen in military hardware and extremely compact weapons. Final say is with the GM.

Cost: Total cost of modifications X amount of modifications combined
Availability: 20F
Treshold: 40
Slots: Highest Mod Slot Cost

Integrated Heavy Silencer
The weapon have an integrated heavy silencer and built in flash supressor.
Perception Test to hear firing: -8
Perception to spot muzzle flash: -2
Cost: 1000+Weapon
Slots: 3+Barrel
Treshold: 15
Availability: 6F
Concealability of the weapon is at a +2 due to the large silencer.
Yerameyahu
Do you think maybe 'High Powered' is a poor name choice? smile.gif

What's the goal for the Heavy Silencer? It's a slight upgrade on the existing mod? And only sort of: AFAIK, the RAW silencer gets -6 for flash, as well.
Umidori
My memory of the system is a little fuzzy, but I think the High Powered is taken almost wholesale from GURPS, terrible name and everything.

And yes, standard silencer in Arsenal is -6 to all forms of perception.

~Umidori
Yerameyahu
I meant that High Powered is already in WAR, with a different effect. Granted, WAR effectively doesn't exist, but still.

I'm not sure anyway how you block more sound, but much less flash.
Umidori
Shove a sonic dampener down the barrel? I dunno.

~Umidori
Yerameyahu
It says it wrecks Conceal, so it must be a big barrel mod.
Umidori
Well a white noise generator could account for such bulk... nyahnyah.gif

~Umidori
Daylen
The "High Powered" mod seems clunky. For rifles and ARs re barreling the action and associated work costing that much is foreseeable, but for pistols its just ridiculous. A whole custom firearm can be done for around that price.
Yerameyahu
Well, wouldn't it be better to just use a scalar, then? Weapon*X.
Raiki
While I accept that 'a bazillion' isn't a real number, I really feel like three is still not enough to qualify. nyahnyah.gif

~R~
thorya
QUOTE (Raiki @ May 1 2012, 08:11 PM) *
While I accept that 'a bazillion' isn't a real number, I really feel like three is still not enough to qualify. nyahnyah.gif

~R~

I think he was inviting other people to propose their own weapon mods as well.
Raiki
QUOTE (thorya @ May 1 2012, 08:17 PM) *
I think he was inviting other people to propose their own weapon mods as well.

I...did not catch on to that.

Now, to repent for my foolishness (and maybe create some more) I offer my own mod, in true Munchkin fashion.

...Of Chuck Norris
The weapon was made specifically for a Chuck Norris action film.
Damage: +9P
AP: -18
All Recoil negated
Gun does not run out of ammo
Cost: More than you have.
Slots: 12 (Only through over-modding.)
Threshold: Over9000
Avalability: No(F)

~R~
Method
QUOTE (Raiki @ May 1 2012, 06:33 PM) *
...Of Chuck Norris
All Recoil negated

This + Improvized Weapon Table = Hilarity. biggrin.gif
Raiki
QUOTE (Method @ May 1 2012, 07:41 PM) *
This + Improvized Weapon Table = Hilarity. biggrin.gif

Dwarf tossing: much more lethal than before.

~R~
Sephiroth
QUOTE (Raiki @ May 1 2012, 07:33 PM) *
I...did not catch on to that.

Now, to repent for my foolishness (and maybe create some more) I offer my own mod, in true Munchkin fashion.

...Of Chuck Norris
All Recoil negated

~R~

I laughed. rotfl.gif
thorya
Mook Mod
This weapon has been specially modded for use by guards and underlings. It grants anyone being fired at a +10 to their defense rolls. Additionally, the weapon has been fitted with a special low power chamber so that its bullets will not penetrate any barrier (i.e. car doors, trash cans, bibles in pockets, etc.) The sole exception to this is standard glass. This mod is instantly disabled if the user is struck over the back of the head and the weapon taken from them.

Damage: 0
AP: +10 if the target is wearing concealed armor otherwise, 0
Slots: 1
Availability: 1
The Jopp
Distraction Armour
A more revealing armour of the Second Skin Line version.
Add charisma score to any dodge test.

Cost: As second skin line
Cannot accept any modifications

Breast implants give +2 to dodge modifier (penile implant for men)
The Jopp
Spray n Pray Mod
The spray n pray mod is a major change to a weapons design. The weapons ammunition is replaced with a BB gun ammunition and have its ammunition supply increased by a LOT.

Damage Multiplier: 1/2 (Round Down)
AP: Impact Armor X2 up to +5 Bonus
Ammunition: X4
Range: All ranges halved
Fire Rate: High Velocity Modification
The weapons firing mode is replaced by FA, ONLY FA.
This modification can only be done with weapons that has a base damage code of 8 or less.
Every 4 shots gives 1 point of recoil
Mod Slots: 6
Cost: Weapon X10

Example:
FN P93 Praetor [Basic Recoil Bonus +2]
Top Mounted Smartlink
Gas Vent 3 barrel Accessory
Spray N Pray Mod
Rounds: 200
Damage: 2P / AP+5
Recoil: +5
Firing a FA of 20 Shots gives 20/4=5 so we can fire 20 shots with no recoil modifier. grinbig.gif
Sengir
External Belt Feed
Never run out of ammo again with the Ares Extended Engagement System!
Basically a standard magazine clip with an electrically driven feeder/delinker attached at the bottom, allowing pistols, (assault) rifles, SMGs, and machine guns with ( c ) ammo supply and conventional ammunition (no lasers or squirtguns) to use belt-fed ammunition. Can be inserted and removed like any other clip, however while it is inserted anyone firing the weapon suffers a -1 modifier due to the unusual bulk, concealability goes to hell, and an Additional Clip mod becomes unusable. Wannabe Karl Kombatmage reenactors should also be aware that weapons which do not come with a belt feed by default are most likely not designed to handle the heat buildup from firing an entire belt in one go. The GM is free to come up with a variety of side effects, from degrading accuracy to ammo explosions biggrin.gif

No price or Availability, basically just an excuse how to opposition could mount standard weapons on drones
Raiki
QUOTE (thorya @ May 2 2012, 09:51 AM) *
Mook Mod
This weapon has been specially modded for use by guards and underlings. It grants anyone being fired at a +10 to their defense rolls. Additionally, the weapon has been fitted with a special low power chamber so that its bullets will not penetrate any barrier (i.e. car doors, trash cans, bibles in pockets, etc.) The sole exception to this is standard glass. This mod is instantly disabled if the user is struck over the back of the head and the weapon taken from them.

Damage: 0
AP: +10 if the target is wearing concealed armor otherwise, 0
Slots: 1
Availability: 1

I love it! If we apply it to a laser weapon, can we call it the Storm Trooper Special?
The Jopp
QUOTE (Raiki @ May 4 2012, 04:48 AM) *
I love it! If we apply it to a laser weapon, can we call it the Storm Trooper Special?

grinbig.gif grinbig.gif grinbig.gif grinbig.gif grinbig.gif
The Jopp
Mook Armour
The mook armour includes a kill switch to ensure that the mooks dont talk if captured, but it has a design flaw - it activates on kinetic impact.

If the mook takes damage his armor instantly activates a directional explosive charge, large enough to kill but no area effect.

Damage 10P no armour resistance allowed

The armor activates as soon as the mook is effectively HIT by a melee or ranged attack (after trying to dodge.)
Seriously Mike
RedneckWorks BullStock
Ugly, badly overpriced and looking like a prop from bad sci-fi movie, this stock allows everyone to turn their longarm/automatic weapon into a more compact bull-pup form. Favored by beginner shooters who don't have a clue about its terrible quality and don't care about the cheap plastic look nor nearly-useless iron sights, BullStock has found its use in movie studios, where hitting things is not important. It comes in multiple varieties, all looking almost the same aside from the parts that hold the original firearm (stripped of all furniture) inside.

Effect: reduces concealability by 2 (from +6 to +4 or from +4 to +2). Reduces accuracy by 1. Is ugly as fuck.
Cost: 250 nuyen

Based on a real product... Muzzelite Bullpup stock for Ruger 10/22, Mini-14 and Marlin rifles. It's 2 feet long, light, and that's where the good sides end. I still can't believe I paid over $160 for something that looks like a $10 toy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012