Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Knight Errant game
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Chi-Girl
Hey I was wondering if anyone else has had a chance to try running a Knight Errant game. I've always wanted to run one, but I haven't had much luck in finding a group willing to put up with it.
Caadium
I've not done it, but would love to try or play in one.

In the SR3 days we had a game slated to go where we were all playing LoneStar Deckers. So it was all LoneStar and all deckers. Unfortunately the GM fell thru.
Caadium
Another one that I've talked about with someone I now play with is a DocWagon game.
_Pax._
Either of those would be very fun, and I would gladly join up as a player. smile.gif

They both call for a few modifications to some of the rules - like: salary; employer-provided or subsidised gear/augments/etc; employer-required skills; etc, etc.
Caadium
QUOTE (_Pax._ @ May 2 2012, 09:58 PM) *
They both call for a few modifications to some of the rules - like: salary; employer-provided or subsidised gear/augments/etc;

I don't see that as a rule mod per say. After all, I've always run that corps are willing to augment their employees as long as they get a time return/payback plan in place.

Sort of like an indentured servant system.

I would say that depending on the role the character had for a company there would be some minimum requirements but most employees would choose to upgrade on their own with 'upgrade incentives'.
Grinchy McScrooge
Variant games are always fun, as long as the whole group is into it. I played in a low-level ganger campaign in SR3 and we had a blast. Our GM used the point-buy system and gave us 40 points to work with (120 points being the norm). We basically started taking over a rundown neighbourhood in The Barrens and started cleaning it up to our satisfaction. He ran it as a sandbox and kept it interesting by having a variety of things to do, besides just fight other gangs, When we were setting up our HQ in an old factory, we stumbled into a nest of devil rats, which are especially nasty to low-level characters. We also did runs for supplies, matrix runs to "acquire" the deed to our warehouse HQ, local PR campaigns (e.g. helping old ladies with their groceries), etc. I've always thought a LoneStar, DocWagon, or Red Samurai campaign would be a blast. A Knight Errant game sounds great too. Have at it sir! grinbig.gif
almost normal
Jeepers. I thought Pax was just quad-posting for a minute there.

Yeah, sounds fun. Lets you play the more esoteric characters. I'm still dying to play the occult investigator.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012