Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ihave seen the future ... and it is Disney...?!?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
_Pax._
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4tYpXVTjxA...eature=youtu.be

Silly thread title aside, the Music Player part I can see being used for commlinks. I can also see a gesture-based passcode being used on door handles, to unlock the door itself. Corps putting sensors in their wageslaves' chairs to detect when one has fallen asleep, too. smile.gif
ludomastro
Very nice. And a little frightening if I am honest.
CanRay
MouseCorp is a major corporation IRL... It'd likely have AA-Status in Shadowrun.
kzt
QUOTE (CanRay @ May 7 2012, 08:51 PM) *
MouseCorp is a major corporation IRL... It'd likely have AA-Status in Shadowrun.

No, it's little tiny company world wide. #226.
Seriously Mike
Doesn't CorpEnc have some info on Disneyland and who are they tied to?
Warlordtheft
QUOTE (kzt @ May 7 2012, 10:01 PM) *
No, it's little tiny company world wide. #226.

Define tiny, compared to a mom and pop shop it is huge. Compared to Exxon Mobile, tiny.

Disney owns a lot of media outlets (ABC is one of them) in addition to the Disney World theme parks. I think #226 and the fact that it has significant overseas operations would mean it would qualify in its own right. That being said I think Disney is now part of Horizon.
kzt
QUOTE (Warlordtheft @ May 8 2012, 06:48 AM) *
Define tiny, compared to a mom and pop shop it is huge. Compared to Exxon Mobile, tiny.

Disney owns a lot of media outlets (ABC is one of them) in addition to the Disney World theme parks. I think #226 and the fact that it has significant overseas operations would mean it would qualify in its own right. That being said I think Disney is now part of Horizon.

There are what, 12 AAA?. All of which are pretty clearly diversified conglomerates, probably with both extensive vertical and horizontal integration. How many AA companies are there? How many A? I don't think it's been stated, but the Corporate Court is run strictly for the benefit of the AAAs. So how many AA or A does Ares or SK want? Would they want a large number or a small number?
Ryu
QUOTE (kzt @ May 8 2012, 07:35 PM) *
There are what, 12 AAA?. All of which are pretty clearly diversified conglomerates, probably with both extensive vertical and horizontal integration. How many AA companies are there? How many A? I don't think it's been stated, but the Corporate Court is run strictly for the benefit of the AAAs. So how many AA or A does Ares or SK want? Would they want a large number or a small number?

A large number, so they can be the biggest fish in a much larger pond. Not controlling an AA is not the same as not controlling the value chain. SK Heavy Mining fuels the world, no matter who sells the commlink made from their rare materials.
_Pax._
What Ryu said.
CanRay
And there's always the choice to buy them out later even if they are AA. A-Level Corps they can have as damned well many as they want.
_Pax._
Plus it's establishd that sometimes an AA can rise to AAA, and sometimes an AAA can fall ... quite a long damned way. (Fuchi, anyone?)
Warlordtheft
QUOTE (Ryu @ May 8 2012, 02:23 PM) *
A large number, so they can be the biggest fish in a much larger pond. Not controlling an AA is not the same as not controlling the value chain. SK Heavy Mining fuels the world, no matter who sells the commlink made from their rare materials.

It has been my interpretation that many AA's and A's are controlled but not ouright owned by the AAA's. The reason is for deniability (yes we have some stock in them, but they are their own company), protecting assests (the AAA at most would only loose the capital invested), and to give the perception that there is more out there than the mega's and they're doing fine sheeple.
CanRay
Not to mention owning Governments while letting them think they are still in control of themselves.

Makes you wonder how things might have happened with Dunkie in office if one of the Megas came calling... Even S-K.
Ryu
QUOTE (CanRay @ May 9 2012, 12:05 AM) *
Not to mention owning Governments while letting them think they are still in control of themselves.

Makes you wonder how things might have happened with Dunkie in office if one of the Megas came calling... Even S-K.

Think of his will.

"Veto"

"You canīt do that, we own you."

"Not as president, as a major shareholder of your corp."

"..."
CanRay
QUOTE (Ryu @ May 9 2012, 11:57 AM) *
Think of his will.

"Veto"

"You canīt do that, we own you."

"Not as president, as a major shareholder of your corp."

"..."
"What, you thought I gave EVERYTHING away? Noooooooooooooooooooooooo..."
Ryu
Great thinking CanRay!

QUOTE (Big Dīs will @ available on the official site)
To Mina Graff-Beloit or her oldest living descendant, I leave the promissory notes for sums owed to VisionQuest by various wholly-owned subsidiaries of Saeder-Krupp.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Warlordtheft @ May 8 2012, 02:48 PM) *

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assets_owned_by_Disney

Note btw that WDW in Florida is its own municipality.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reedy_Creek_I...vement_District
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012