Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The University District
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
ggodo
so, I was just up at University of Washington for a concrete canoe race and being in Seattle I started thinking Shadowrun. I ask you this: Is there any published information on what's up with UW? I've written some potential ideas for what's up there, but I want to know if the name changed, and what it changed to so I don't look like an idiot. any help would be great, even if you just point me at a book.
Darkeus
QUOTE (ggodo @ May 9 2012, 09:34 PM) *
so, I was just up at University of Washington for a concrete canoe race and being in Seattle I started thinking Shadowrun. I ask you this: Is there any published information on what's up with UW? I've written some potential ideas for what's up there, but I want to know if the name changed, and what it changed to so I don't look like an idiot. any help would be great, even if you just point me at a book.

I do know that it still exist. It is mentioned in Seattle 2072. It is still a thriving University and has one of the best computer sciences programs in the UCAS. The name has not been changed.

And as I mentioned earlier, it is in Seattle 2072.
ggodo
Cool, I'll start congealing my ideas for it.
Faraday
I remember it also has a very solid magical research department as well.
Makki
This map says, the area around it is actually of lower standard than the rest of downtown: http://www.1w6.de/rpg/sr/map/?borders=on
Messy students! And there's a gang next to UW
Shortstraw
QUOTE (Faraday @ May 10 2012, 02:19 PM) *
I remember it also has a very solid magical research department as well.

I wonder how many awakened students follow the norse tradition so they can have a mentor spirit that doubles as a drinking buddy (and knows long lost drinking games).
Halinn
QUOTE (Shortstraw @ May 12 2012, 01:14 PM) *
I wonder how many awakened students follow the norse tradition so they can have a mentor spirit that doubles as a drinking buddy (and knows long lost drinking games).

Or voodoo students, because of misleading information on Jamaican culture. It's nice to have a friend to get high with.
Aaron
The chem building and the fountain are still there (p. 212, SR4A).
Paul
What specifically are you looking for? I know, as someone else mentioned, its referenced in the various Seattle Sourcebooks. Not too in depth, but its there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012