Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SnS link
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
VykosDarkSoul
Hey all,
I am having some troubles with the search function and cant seem to find what I need. What I am looking for is a link or series of links that will lead me to the most common house rulings for SnS.

I'm not looking for feasibility of SnS in RL or arguments over what guns can or cant use it, nor whether it can be fired burst mode or not.

I guess in reality the only question I have is does the damage increase from net hits on SnS as with normal Ammo, and can you use your normal called shots rules (I.E. -4/+4).

Now dont get me wrong, I'm not wanting to start a huge gun nut topic here, but its something I would like to hear how some others have ruled. (and i KNOW its been done on here countless times before, so i am hoping for some thread ressurection)

Thanks All!
Yerameyahu
I mean… you've mentioned two binary choices, so there are only 4 possible rulings: +net-hits/+called-shots; +net-hits/-called-shots; -net-hits/+called-shots; -net-hits/-called-shots. The RAW is the first one (both allowed). Disallowing either is simply a balance decision, and each factor is independent.

If I had to guess, I'd (wild-)guess that it's more common to disallow called shots, but honestly neither of these is the most common SnS tweak I've seen. I feel like mos' people alter the actual option directly (ban entirely, shotgun-only, raise the cost, etc.), while I've also seen tweaks like 'no narrow burst' or 'DV=base DV'.
KarmaInferno
I for one rule in my home games that electrical "stun" effects only work on biological systems, as those generally operate by disrupting neuro-muscular systems with low powered shocks.

So spirits, most combat vehicles/drones, etc. would be more or less immune to tasers and the like.

This is opposed to electrical attacks that do actual physical damage, like raw power line exposure or Lightning Bolt spells. Those work fine on non-biological targets.

-k
Psikerlord
yeah we just banned SnS straight up too good
Neraph
QUOTE (Psikerlord @ May 18 2012, 05:43 AM) *
yeah we just banned SnS straight up too good

QUOTE (VykosDarkSoul @ May 14 2012, 12:50 PM) *
I'm not looking for feasibility of SnS in RL or arguments over what guns can or cant use it, nor whether it can be fired burst mode or not.

Yerameyahu
If you're saying that's a 'feasibility of SnS in RL' argument… it's not. smile.gif It's a balance choice.
Neraph
QUOTE (VykosDarkSoul @ May 14 2012, 12:50 PM) *
What I am looking for is a link or series of links that will lead me to the most common house rulings for SnS.

I guess in reality the only question I have is does the damage increase from net hits on SnS as with normal Ammo, and can you use your normal called shots rules (I.E. -4/+4).

Better?
Medicineman
the most oftebn used Houserules I know of
#1 You can't add netto Hits,the damage is fix (I don't know about aimed shots with +4 DV / -4Dice)
#2 SnS Ammo only in Rifles (not in Pistols or SMGs)

with a Housedance
Medicineman
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012