Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Project Icebreaker
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
CanadianWolverine
So I came across this today:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/17/activisi...laims/#comments

And upon reading it, my first thought was "Shadowrun", second to "Activision sux" of course:

...former IT director Thomas Fenady claims that he was asked to “dig up dirt on Jason and Vince” in 2009 by George Rose, Activision’s chief legal officer at the time.
The hack was allegedly part of Activision’s cringe-inducingly named ‘Project Icebreaker’, an ongoing attempt to secure the relationship between Infinity Ward and the publisher.
Thomas Fenady also claims that Rose told him to disregard the legal implications of the hack. “Bobby [Kotick] will take care of you. This comes from Bobby directly … don’t worry about repercussions.” Fenady allegedly tried to enlist the help of third-parties to crack into Zampella and West’s computers and e-mail: Microsoft refused to help without a court order, and a private network security firm, InGuardians, “didn’t feel comfortable doing it”.
Vegetaman
Sounds to me like the world of game making has more to do with politics, greed and corruption than actually making games... rotfl.gif grinbig.gif smokin.gif proof.gif silly.gif
CanRay
QUOTE (Vegetaman @ May 18 2012, 09:58 PM) *
Sounds to me like the world of game making has more to do with politics, greed and corruption than actually making games... rotfl.gif grinbig.gif smokin.gif proof.gif silly.gif
Any wonder that so many companies are going to Kickstarter rather than using Developers?
CanadianWolverine
Did you mean to type Publishers at the end there CanRay?
Shortstraw
QUOTE (CanRay @ May 19 2012, 01:15 PM) *
Any wonder that so many companies are going to Kickstarter rather than using Developers?

Not just with games. The paperwork involved in getting loans/capital for a new start up in anything is rather daunting.
CanRay
QUOTE (CanadianWolverine @ May 19 2012, 03:36 AM) *
Did you mean to type Publishers at the end there CanRay?
My brain has taken a few too many blows recently, yes. Thank you CW.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012