Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Armour Request
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
rozark69
Trying to fathom the ultimate suit of Armour.
All bells and whistles. The cost of this Armour.

Any ideas....
Dr.Rockso
Well, you're certainly concise. Have you looked at the Mil Spec armor in Arsenal?
CanRay
Depends on what you mean by "Ultimate". The right tool for the right job.
_Pax._
Um, "spare no expense" and "not for a starting character" ...?

Heavy Military Armor (net rating 17/15), with:
  • Gel-packs
  • Chemical Seal
  • Environmental Adaptation (Hot)
  • Environmental Adaptation (Cold)
  • Ruthenium Polymer Coating
  • Fire Resistance 6
  • Nonconductivity 6
  • Radiation shielding 3
  • Insulation 6

Plus a Military Helmet (+2/+2), with:
  • Audio Enhancement 3
  • Select Sound 3
  • Spatial Recognizer
  • Vision Enhancement 3
  • Vision Magnification, Electronic
  • Flare Compensation
  • Thermographic Vision
  • Ultrasound Vision
  • Image Link
  • smartlink

... and maybe a Tazer Shield (+2/+6), with
  • Lanyard
  • Personalised Grip

That's pretty badass, there. You're talking 21/23 armor, Predator-style active camoflage, shielded nine ways to Sunday, and with a special surprise built into the shield.

Or were you hoping for something a wee bit more reasonable and likely to happen in-game, but still really cool?
rozark69
QUOTE (_Pax._ @ Jun 4 2012, 10:39 PM) *
Um, "spare no expense" and "not for a starting character" ...?

Heavy Military Armor (net rating 17/15), with:
  • Gel-packs
  • Chemical Seal
  • Environmental Adaptation (Hot)
  • Environmental Adaptation (Cold)
  • Ruthenium Polymer Coating
  • Fire Resistance 6
  • Nonconductivity 6
  • Radiation shielding 3
  • Insulation 6

Plus a Military Helmet (+2/+2), with:
  • Audio Enhancement 3
  • Select Sound 3
  • Spatial Recognizer
  • Vision Enhancement 3
  • Vision Magnification, Electronic
  • Flare Compensation
  • Thermographic Vision
  • Ultrasound Vision
  • Image Link
  • smartlink

... and maybe a Tazer Shield (+2/+6), with
  • Lanyard
  • Personalised Grip

That's pretty badass, there. You're talking 21/23 armor, Predator-style active camoflage, shielded nine ways to Sunday, and with a special surprise built into the shield.

Or were you hoping for something a wee bit more reasonable and likely to happen in-game, but still really cool?

Now that is awesome!!!
But is it shielded against EMP?
Can polymer make Armour invisible to thermal scans?
Can we add muscle massargers?
A.V stalk?
Is there a way to increase a wearers strength?

Are there ways to add a shoulder mounted, retinal aiming laser to the shoulder like predator?
Does the helmet include camera?
Would a military spec helmet have heads up display?
Can a helmet include Mathis CPU?
Can a helmet house chip jack?

Can it be done?

Side note question can a helmet house an A.I like in halo?
_Pax._
QUOTE (rozark69 @ Jun 4 2012, 05:49 PM) *
Now that is awesome!!!
But is it shielded against EMP?

You know, I knew I was forgetting something ... dangit.

Can polymer make Armour invisible to thermal scans?

No, just visual, sorry. You could fit in thermal damping, but you'd have to drop something else off - no more Capacity left, sorry to say.

Can we add muscle massargers?

Sure, no sweat.

A.V stalk?
Is there a way to increase a wearers strength?

No, and yes, respectively. The Strength augs take up Capacity though, so adding them means removing something else.

Are there ways to add a shoulder mounted, retinal aiming laser to the shoulder like predator?

Yes, but a weapon arm costs 9 capacity, so you'd have to drop SEVERAL something elses.

Does the helmet include camera?

Not for recording, but it'd be cheap enough to add one.

Would a military spec helmet have heads up display?

"Image link."

Can a helmet include Mathis CPU?
Can a helmet house chip jack?

Honestly, I don't see why not, for either. You would want to add Trodes to the interior of the helmet, to make those work, though.

Side note question can a helmet house an A.I like in halo?

Build a really nice Commlink into the helmet, and yes, it certainly could.

Making a little Master Chief, are we? smile.gif
rozark69

Making a little Master Chief, are we? smile.gif
[/quote]

Lol no, actually playing a different game. Vampire the masqurade and we going to play Gehenna out so was looking for ideas in Armour upgrades and bells and whistles really.
I love shadowrun and new really cool ideas be here.

Thank you for your help, it's awesome.

_Pax._
Ah, well just be aware ... ShadowRun armor is more than half a century mroe technologically advanced than the current modern day. The above suit of armor would not be physically possible, for ANY price, in a 2010-2020 era setting.

For contemporary armor? You should just google up images of "U.S. soldiers on patrol in Afghanistan". They're wearing pretty much the best non-prototype, mass-production stuff there is. (Or at least, they SHOULD be.)
rozark69
QUOTE (_Pax._ @ Jun 4 2012, 11:06 PM) *
Ah, well just be aware ... ShadowRun armor is more than half a century mroe technologically advanced than the current modern day. The above suit of armor would not be physically possible, for ANY price, in a 2010-2020 era setting.

For contemporary armor? You should just google up images of "U.S. soldiers on patrol in Afghanistan". They're wearing pretty much the best non-prototype, mass-production stuff there is. (Or at least, they SHOULD be.)

Agreed yet the vampire game I am in is set in the future. So shadowrun esk gadgets and Armour are in.
_Pax._
Cool.

Sadly for your PCs, that also means UV bullets are probably in, too. Or vampire-specific flesh-dissolving nanites. biggrin.gif

And maybe orbital mirrors to reflect the sun down onto the darkened night side of Earth. How do you make a building impregnible to vampires? Make it always be broad daylight within a mile of said building. ^_^
Umidori
That brings up a question - could you design a laser weapon that operated in the wavelengths of sunlight, thus making it afflict creatures who are allergic to sunlight? Also, SNES SR strobe light - would it actually work?

~Umi
VykosDarkSoul
QUOTE (_Pax._ @ Jun 4 2012, 05:12 PM) *
And maybe orbital mirrors to reflect the sun down onto the darkened night side of Earth. How do you make a building impregnible to vampires? Make it always be broad daylight within a mile of said building. ^_^

...... High level Obtenebration? smile.gif

--edited for spelling
CanRay
QUOTE (Umidori @ Jun 4 2012, 05:15 PM) *
Also, SNES SR strobe light - would it actually work?

~Umi
Depends, does the Vampire suffer from Epilepsy?
binarywraith
QUOTE (Umidori @ Jun 4 2012, 04:15 PM) *
That brings up a question - could you design a laser weapon that operated in the wavelengths of sunlight, thus making it afflict creatures who are allergic to sunlight? Also, SNES SR strobe light - would it actually work?

~Umi

You're talking about White Wolf, and Old World White Wolf at that. So 'actually work' depends on how much the Mage building it wants it to Actually Work. grinbig.gif
almost normal
QUOTE (Umidori @ Jun 4 2012, 05:15 PM) *
Also, SNES SR strobe light - would it actually work?

~Umi

Definitely.
Dr.Rockso
But if you want something close-ish to SR milspec armor, check out the Trojan Ballistic Suit.

You can look up pictures of the T and S variants on google easily.
rozark69
The Trojan armour is looking very cool. Thanks guys
Neraph
QUOTE (Dr.Rockso @ Jun 5 2012, 08:46 AM) *
But if you want something close-ish to SR milspec armor, check out the Trojan Ballistic Suit.

You can look up pictures of the T and S variants on google easily.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPS2l5fQ55A
Tias
QUOTE (Umidori @ Jun 5 2012, 12:15 AM) *

~Umi

Up to your GM I suppose, but keep in mind that this particular weakness is meant to be mystical, not scientific. I always balked at mage players handwaving their way around every other supernatural in existence.

Then again, in the canon mages DID destroy a one of the 13 oldest vampires via focused satellitte sun shields and three ghost-powered thermonuclear warheads spin.gif
_Pax._
QUOTE (Tias @ Jun 7 2012, 11:56 AM) *
Up to your GM I suppose, but keep in mind that this particular weakness is meant to be mystical, not scientific. I always balked at mage players handwaving their way around every other supernatural in existence.

You mean like my Virtual Adept, who recularly used centimeter-wide Hermes Portals (at correspondance 5, so, more like "tiny wormholes") to fire beams of sunlight "fresh from the outer corona" at vampires?

Or the millimeter-wide version, whose "far end" was a four square meter doorway at the bottom of the Marianas Trench, thus producing the hyper-pressure "infinite water laser of doom" ...?

Or the one I never did use, but had thought out: the water-laser effect, but from a dozen meters above the surface of Jupiter's solid core ...?

Good times, good times. Vulgar as all hell, but when the only witnesses were Awakened ... hahaha!
Tias
I know your type wink.gif

Let me guess, 3rd got you down, and you resolved never to play anything beyond 2nd? Yeah, me too biggrin.gif
_Pax._
No, actually, I've just rarely (read: almost never) had a good experience with WoD GMs. That virtual adept is the only character I've played past five, maybe six sessions.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (_Pax._ @ Jun 7 2012, 10:32 AM) *
No, actually, I've just rarely (read: almost never) had a good experience with WoD GMs. That virtual adept is the only character I've played past five, maybe six sessions.

I love the Virtual Adepts of Mage. Awesome Concept.
Love the New Mechanics of the nWOD, hate the New Mage, however. I want my Virtual Adepts back.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012