Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CEIEC leak contains some interesting documents...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Seriously Mike
So, in short: a few months ago, a hacker known as "Hardcore Charlie" managed to lay his hands on some saucy paydata from Chinese companies. There's everything: theft of US government property, terrorists, corruption, assassinations, corporate espionage, corruption, bribery, clandestine movement of stolen goods to third-world dictatorships and corruption. More exactly: the Chinese infiltrated Vietnamese companies to jack some interesting data, and that's a starter. Aside from that, according to the docs, a shipment destined for a US Army base in Afghanistan was stolen by the Taliban and, as far as I can comprehend, moved to Myanmar. There are also mentions of covertly funding some people, corporate/government power plays involving, of course, bribery, and even a mention of assassination. Not to mention Chinese, American and Filipino spooks butting heads.

Document scans are HERE.
News about the leak are HERE.
Pointers to more goodies are HERE.
hobgoblin
Oh joys...

And then we have british rent-a-thugs doing the rounds at the London Olympics:
http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/comme...do-7831790.html
Seriously Mike
Thank god the local rent-a-thugs are relegated to "protecting" railway stations and things like that. The case where three of them robbed a passenger in the middle of the goddamn station and nobody cared (aside from one guy who recorded the whole thing) and their corrupt relations with the local city hall is enough.
SecGuard
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Jun 11 2012, 04:04 PM) *
Oh joys...

And then we have british rent-a-thugs doing the rounds at the London Olympics:
http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/comme...do-7831790.html

We're not all bad you know.

SecGuard
QUOTE (Seriously Mike @ Jun 11 2012, 05:37 PM) *
Thank god the local rent-a-thugs are relegated to "protecting" railway stations and things like that. The case where three of them robbed a passenger in the middle of the goddamn station and nobody cared (aside from one guy who recorded the whole thing) and their corrupt relations with the local city hall is enough.

I mean seriously, most of us are ok people.
Naysayer
QUOTE (SecGuard @ Jun 16 2012, 11:44 PM) *
I mean seriously, most of us are ork people.

...is what I read. Which is how it should be wink.gif
SecGuard
QUOTE (Naysayer @ Jun 17 2012, 10:43 PM) *
...is what I read. Which is how it should be wink.gif

Yes indeed. twirl.gif
Seriously Mike
QUOTE (SecGuard @ Jun 16 2012, 11:44 PM) *
I mean seriously, most of us are ok people.

Well, considering that the local so called "security personnel" recruits from retirees and roid-head goons and the whole circus is run by former "militia" (communist-era police) and commie secret police officers kinda makes this different from the West. Oh, the charms of Middle-Eastern Europe, where you can be jailed for saying that "Bible was written by a bunch of stoners", the rich steal and the poor get arrested for it.
CanRay
QUOTE (Seriously Mike @ Jun 19 2012, 04:45 AM) *
...the rich steal and the poor get arrested for it.
And that's different from the rest of history how?
SecGuard
QUOTE (Seriously Mike @ Jun 19 2012, 10:45 AM) *
the rich steal and the poor get arrested for it.

True enough, just look at the bankers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012