Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AR Gloves
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Draco18s
So my boss sends me an email at 10:30 at night, and it has this link in it:

http://dvice.com/archives/2012/06/augmented-reali-15.php

Actual, real, augmented reality gloves. They're not fancy yet, but hey. Step in the right direction.
Neraph
Your boss is so cool.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Neraph @ Jun 12 2012, 11:17 PM) *
Your boss is so cool.

My boss is weird. He linked that because we're currently developing some AR demo software.

By which I mean, "point the iDevice at that QR code. Isn't that cool? It shows a 3D model!"
Chugga
That's pretty cool. My feeling is that we'll probably end up skipping the whole AR glove thing and go straight to similar but gloveless systems. I'm basing this entirely on the cool things the Kinect can do when hooked up to something more powerful than an Xbox. Still extremely cool though.
hobgoblin
Unless they can cram kinect into something head mounted, i think gloves are the way to go if it can work with a simple camera.

Seriously, consider this paired up with Google Glass.

Btw, the last part of the video had me envisioning some labcoats standing around discussing the finer points of some DNA sequence they were working on. "Put these two down here, and we get faster wound recovery". "Sure, but it interferes with the venom production rate". "Ok, we should get an acceptable tradeoff if we put it here". "Looks acceptable indeed, lets wrap for the day and have the night shift ready some test samples".
SecGuard
QUOTE (Neraph @ Jun 13 2012, 04:17 AM) *
Your boss is so cool.

Very seriously cool.
Draco18s
QUOTE (SecGuard @ Jun 16 2012, 05:23 PM) *
Very seriously cool.

Until next week when he says "can we make that for this client?"

"No."

"And can we do it by Tuesday?"
SecGuard
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Jun 19 2012, 02:54 AM) *
Until next week when he says "can we make that for this client?"

"No."

"And can we do it by Tuesday?"

True, sounds like most bosses to be honest.
VykosDarkSoul
QUOTE (SecGuard @ Jun 19 2012, 03:54 PM) *

OOO..OOOO...is he pointy haired?

THIS
Dr.Rockso
QUOTE (Chugga @ Jun 13 2012, 07:43 AM) *
That's pretty cool. My feeling is that we'll probably end up skipping the whole AR glove thing and go straight to similar but gloveless systems. I'm basing this entirely on the cool things the Kinect can do when hooked up to something more powerful than an Xbox. Still extremely cool though.

I'm not so sure. The gloves have the advantage that they could theoretically provide tactile feedback.
Draco18s
QUOTE (SecGuard @ Jun 19 2012, 04:54 PM) *

He tried to make me miss my vacation with one of his requests.
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Jun 19 2012, 08:50 PM) *
He tried to make me miss my vacation with one of his requests.

I assume you lodged an objection to that?
Draco18s
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Jun 19 2012, 09:35 PM) *
I assume you lodged an objection to that?

Uselessly, yes.
Essentially I had to stay late to make a little demo project. It cut into the time I had wanted to spend sleeping prior to waking up at 5am to catch a bus.
SecGuard
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Jun 20 2012, 03:35 AM) *
Uselessly, yes.
Essentially I had to stay late to make a little demo project. It cut into the time I had wanted to spend sleeping prior to waking up at 5am to catch a bus.

As i said sounds familier, this week i'm working an odd shift due to illness, but as i realised yesterday they've messed up the roster and there's only a 1 hour gap not the 2 that they had me covering, so i point this out and get my times changed to cover the hour gap.

Get into work at 10 this morning and the first thing i get is 'why are you in at 10?'

FFS!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012