Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wanted: Pixie NPC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
VykosDarkSoul
So I am in the process of building up some NPC's for my game, and I was hopeing to get some of your ideas in here as well. If you feel like takin the time, draw me up some NPC's Pixie or otherwise for use in annoying the crap outta my party!

(not that it matters but at this point we are using 400BP build)

On a sidenote, what do YOU use for building your NPC's BP style.
Xenefungus
A Pixies strength is stealth. Make her be virtually unseeable by being invisible, cloaked, hidden by a spirit and sneaking at all times. Should be annoying enough when the PCs can never be sure if she's there or not. Especially when mean spirits keep coming at them form out of nowhere wink.gif
Yerameyahu
All pixies are inherently annoying, so step one is solved. biggrin.gif I agree with Xenefungus, though: nothing more annoying than that guy who always turns out to be following you, eavesdropping, maybe stealing small objects…

I mean, unless it's going 'Hey, listen!' all the time?
VykosDarkSoul
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jun 13 2012, 01:01 PM) *
I mean, unless it's going 'Hey, listen!' all the time?

I said i wanted to annoy them...not make them completly psychotic and homicidal....lol
Tanegar
Does she have to be built with BP?
VykosDarkSoul
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Jun 13 2012, 02:23 PM) *
Does she have to be built with BP?

Not really, but i would prefer it as i have NO experiance with Karmgen at this point, and wouldnt know how to work my way through it etc

- and thank you! smile.gif
Umidori
All of my ideas for Pixies revolve around doing the unexpected and hilarious - such as a pixie kung fu fighter with literal flying kicks, or a pixie wrestler and grappler who performs suplexes on his helpless victims, or a pixie with a custom made Panther XXS micro assault cannon.

~Umi
Raven the Trickster
QUOTE (Umidori @ Jun 13 2012, 03:41 PM) *
All of my ideas for Pixies revolve around doing the unexpected and hilarious - such as a pixie kung fu fighter with literal flying kicks, or a pixie wrestler and grappler who performs suplexes on his helpless victims, or a pixie with a custom made Panther XXS micro assault cannon.

~Umi

How did that last one work?
Umidori
Haven't had the balls to actually try to get a GM to allow it, but the ideal scenario is that it's essentially a single shot zip-gun in a custom ornamental housing that looks like a miniature Panther XXL, pretty much just the smallest barrel possible to hold an assault cannon round and a trigger mechanism to shoot it. It holds only a single round and reloads via the muzzle.

Size-wise it'd probably be bigger than a Ruger Super Warhawk, and the Pixie would need to make appropriate tests to heft it, weild it as a two handed weapon, and reload it. He might even need a special miniaturized gyro mount to be able to fly with it. Firing it would require Heavy Weapons as usual, and probably suffer negative modifiers to represent the lack of a proper length barrel and other technical limitations of cramming an assault cannon round into the smallest package possible. I'd also suggest that while it shouldn't get a standard Recoil Modifier, it should probably require a "Recoil Disarm" test to see if the Pixie can hold onto it when firing it.

Barring that (and probably the more likely option without a really agreeable GM), I think a custom heavy pistol designed to resemble a miniature Panther XXL would suffice.

~Umi
_Pax._
Nah. Wee little model Minigun. Treat it as a machine pistol .... loaded with Flechette ammunition. ^_^
Neraph
One of my players was a pixie magician. He went to a bar for the Johnson meet 30 mins early and was picked up held hostage by two drunk girls at the bar who were amazed by the lifelike personality of the minidrone they found.
toturi
QUOTE (Neraph @ Jun 14 2012, 10:55 AM) *
One of my players was a pixie magician. He went to a bar for the Johnson meet 30 mins early and was picked up held hostage by two drunk girls at the bar who were amazed by the lifelike personality of the minidrone they found.

Excellent.
Umidori
I'm assuming they just grabbed him without warning? Because he should have been able to dodge if he wasn't caught flat footed, two drunk gals with no training will roll a couple dice at best to subdue, especially factoring in the modifier for a small target. Did he at least get a chance to roll against surprise? nyahnyah.gif

~Umi
The Jopp
Meet Titan, the Pixie Changeling Mystic Adept
After Titan developed some unusual abilities after the comet she was forced to leave her tribe in Tir Tangiere

Magic 6
Arcane Arrester
Bioluminescense
Critter Spook
Mood hair
Unusual Hair (floating, glowing)
Extravagant Eyes (glowing)
Phobia (Drones, Moderate)
Adept power: improved initiative 1

Custom tailored second skin line body armor with ruthenium polymer modification (extra invisible)
Pistol Crossbow with Injection bolts and stick n shock

Power Ball [Restricted Target: non-living]
She tends to enjoy blasting away the enemies, clothes, equipment and gear and leaving them nude.
Stunbolt
Powerbolt
Powerbolt EMP [Very Restricted Target: Drones]
Firewater

Monowhip - For when slicing is needed

Due to her small size she usually have a small camp inside one of the local shopping malls where she can get everything she needs

The Jopp
QUOTE (Umidori @ Jun 14 2012, 05:41 AM) *
I'm assuming they just grabbed him without warning? Because he should have been able to dodge if he wasn't caught flat footed, two drunk gals with no training will roll a couple dice at best to subdue, especially factoring in the modifier for a small target. Did he at least get a chance to roll against surprise? nyahnyah.gif

~Umi

Hmm, squeezed into the bosom of two giant drunk cute girls at a bar...It might have been voluntary.
Umidori
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Jun 13 2012, 11:04 PM) *
Power Ball [Restricted Target: non-living]

SHEER.
GENIUS.

~Umi
snowRaven
If you want truly annoying, make a Pixie Mystic Adept with suitable powers for augmenting the ability to stay hidden, and then stock up on spells like Magic Fingers, Mob Mind, Mob Mood, Control Thoughts, Influence, Animate...

Use those spells on bystanders, the enviroment, PC gear, PC contacts, etc as 'pranks' to just make their life hell.

Spirits to sustain spells, use Accident power, etc
The Jopp
One thing to remember is that the concealment power is a physical power so they will be fully visible on the astral.

Spells for the trixter pixie
Glue Strip
Poltergeist
Animate
Power Ball [Restricted Target: Nonliving]
Improved Invisibility [Restricted Target: Clothes]
Orgy [Restricted Target: Males]
Orgy [Restricted Target: Females]
Barrier Spell [Restricted Target: Non-Living]

Lets not forget the horde of Watchers that are designed to pop up besides guards, runners and others going"eh, whats up doc"

Hmm, perhaps I should dig up my old thread regarding looney tunes spells? grinbig.gif
Neraph
QUOTE (Umidori @ Jun 13 2012, 10:41 PM) *

~Umi

QUOTE (The Jopp @ Jun 13 2012, 11:06 PM) *
Hmm, squeezed into the bosom of two giant drunk cute girls at a bar...It might have been voluntary.

It wasn't, but I did it for story. Broke up the monotony of the evening.
Irion
@The Jopp
One thing to remember is that the concealment power is a physical power so they will be fully visible on the astral.

Ain't that one the broken one working on both planes?

Anyway, do you really want to torture your players like that?
Neraph
QUOTE (Irion @ Jun 14 2012, 06:29 AM) *
@The Jopp

Ain't that one the broken one working on both planes?

It is.
Stahlseele
Have it be one of these:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nac_Mac_Feegle
wee mad arthur?
The Jopp
QUOTE (Irion @ Jun 14 2012, 12:29 PM) *
@The Jopp

Ey, not my thread, not my players ^_^

But I just wish I was allowed to play my Pixie in 4th edition one day.
_Pax._
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Jun 14 2012, 07:54 AM) *

Except, Concealment explicitly says otherwise:

"CONCEALMENT
Type: P • Action: Simple • Range: LOS • Duration: Sustained
This power refers to a critter’s ability to mystically hide itself or
others, or alternatively to hide something that people are looking
for. Concealment subtracts a number of dice equal to the critter’s
Magic from any Perception Tests to locate the concealed subject.
Concealment can be used on a number of targets simultaneously equal
to the critter’s Magic; concealed subjects can see each other if the critter
allows it. Concealment also allows dual natured critters to conceal
themselves and others from astral detection.
"

Granted, it may be a bit of a stretch to extend that to Pixies, who are not strictly Dual-Natured. But since they can astrally perceive by dint of race ... *shrug*
snowRaven
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Jun 14 2012, 01:54 PM) *

Spells for the trixter pixie
Glue Strip
Poltergeist
Animate
Power Ball [Restricted Target: Nonliving]
Improved Invisibility [Restricted Target: Clothes]
Orgy [Restricted Target: Males]
Orgy [Restricted Target: Females]
Barrier Spell [Restricted Target: Non-Living]

Lets not forget the horde of Watchers that are designed to pop up besides guards, runners and others going"eh, whats up doc"

Hmm, perhaps I should dig up my old thread regarding looney tunes spells? grinbig.gif

Great addition of tricks there - I would've added more on my list but I had to rush for work.

And while Concealment may very well work against astral perception, the little thing should ideally have things like Masking, Extended Masking, some form of the astral illusion spells, and a nice spirit to use as astral cover.
VykosDarkSoul
quick question, where are the rules for the Restricted Target and Very Restricted Target things?
snowRaven
QUOTE (VykosDarkSoul @ Jun 14 2012, 09:16 PM) *
quick question, where are the rules for the Restricted Target and Very Restricted Target things?
Street Magic, pg.160
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012