Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Magical Societies
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Redjack
Dear Applicant:

Thank you for applying for membership in our revered magical society. We are certain you understand that we receive more applications than we can accept, due in part to the prestige we enjoy in the Sixth World. We are a group who attracts notice. The mundane citizens of the world look at us with suspicion, while the Awakened look at us with envy, for they believe that we harbor dark secrets and world-changing schemes, and it of course is quite possible that they are right.

So we understand why you would seek to join us. We hope you can show us something special. We hope you can show us something new. We hope you can give us a reason why you should associate with our members by showing us what we can gain from having you among us. If you think first about what you can give, then you will have the opportunity to think about what you can get. Of course, if the rumors about us are true, the answer to that last item is simple: the world.

We look forward to your trial, and we hope you survive it. Should you wish, you may cancel that ordeal and instead attempt to join one of the other, lesser magical societies in the world. If you believe you can be satisfied with that.

We would wish you luck, but if you are skilled, you should not need it.

P.S. We remind you that the information on magical societies contained herein, including the briefings on twelve magical societies, is for use with Shadowrun, Twentieth Anniversary Edition
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
MUST GET SOON... Yiippeee!!!!!
Shortstraw
So apart from the 12 societies what is in it?
BishopMcQ
Fiction about societies in general, information about how to use the groups as initiatory groups or as a group contact, so they can play either Awakened or Mundane.
Prime Mover
All new groups or updates? Midnight Thorns?
BishopMcQ
Some existing groups given stats, mostly new groups as I recall.
Sengir
I miss the days when books still came with a TOC frown.gif

In the absence of this basic requirement, can anyone list the groups we get?
snowRaven
The Brotherhood of Darkness - global: likes artifacts.
Cracking the Bones - New Orleans: Voodoo.
The Gate of Ishtar - Seattle: researchers.
The Magical Investors Group - New York: investors; money, money, money...
Mana - Seattle: started by an ex-halloweener.
Order of Saint Sylvester - Vatican City: catholics working for the Vatican.
Ordo Maximus - global: upper crust of society (public side only described)
The Painted Horse Lodge - Natibe American Nations: shamanic.
Seattle United Corporate Council Contract or Society - Seattle: magic group of the Seattle Corporate Council.
Society of the Phoenix Arisen - Seattle: for recovering burn-outs.
Sorcerers Institute - Atlanta: academics.
Vigilant Iron Schooling House - Seattle: martial arts group.

There's a small paragraph each on two other groups (Council for Magical Development & The TechnoMagicians) but no game stats, rules for using Magical Groups as contacts (all of the main groups come with a Connection Rating, and there's rules for increased Loyalty as PCs go up the ranks in a group), and rules for group Secrecy (each group has a rating in that category)
BishopMcQ
Brotherhood of Darkness
Cracking the Bones
The Gate of Ishtar
The Magical Investors Group
Mana
Order of St Sylvester
Ordo Maximus
Painted Horse Lodge
Seattle United Corporate Council Contractor Society
Society of the Phoenix Arisen
Sorcerers Institute
Vigilant Iron Schooling House
CloisterCobra
Hope you guys enjoy it, I liked writing it.

Cheers,
Grant
Wakshaani
QUOTE (CloisterCobra @ Jun 17 2012, 10:13 PM) *
Hope you guys enjoy it, I liked writing it.

Cheers,
Grant

I was just about to ask who wrote it. smile.gif

About how long did it take to go through the overall process? My first E-book is in the pipeline as of a few days ago and I'm curious to see what the timeline's like. (I already know I have to rewrite one entire chapter, for instance. D'oh!)
CloisterCobra
QUOTE (Wakshaani @ Jun 18 2012, 04:22 PM) *
I was just about to ask who wrote it. smile.gif

About how long did it take to go through the overall process? My first E-book is in the pipeline as of a few days ago and I'm curious to see what the timeline's like. (I already know I have to rewrite one entire chapter, for instance. D'oh!)

Good question, I'd need to look back though my email to find out smile.gif

Cheers
Grant
Larsine
Available on DriveThroughRPG, but nothing on Battlecorps or Shadowrun4.com?

Funny how things works these days smile.gif
JM Hardy
QUOTE (Larsine @ Jun 18 2012, 07:59 AM) *
Available on DriveThroughRPG, but nothing on Battlecorps or Shadowrun4.com?

Funny how things works these days smile.gif

It was on Battlecorps as soon as it was on DriveThru. I didn't get the blog announcement up until today, because of life and chaos and stuff involving driving many miles and not always being able to sit in front of my computer. Thanks for getting the thread going here, folks!

Jason H.
ggodo
Woohoo! New adept society! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012