Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Uncle CanRay's Storytime...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
CanRay
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Jun 23 2012, 11:49 AM) *
You still owe us the story, now.

You like, seriously need to make a "CanRay's Story Thread" thread or something. smile.gif
There is no story, it just popped into my head and I wrote it.

There's your story, now let me sleep.
tisoz
Damn you! Damn you to HELL!!! <shakes fist>

Just kidding. I was looking forward to a new story from you.
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (tisoz @ Jun 23 2012, 03:47 PM) *

Me too. I thought for sure some player of his had done something monumentally horrifying.
Critias
QUOTE (tisoz @ Jun 23 2012, 02:47 PM) *
Damn you! Damn you to HELL!!! <shakes fist>

Hey, Tisoz. Good to see ya.

...errr, is it just me, or have you not been around a whole lot lately?
tisoz
QUOTE (Critias @ Jun 23 2012, 04:15 PM) *
Hey, Tisoz. Good to see ya.

...errr, is it just me, or have you not been around a whole lot lately?

Hey. Yes, I've lost a bit of interest in the game, largely because I couldn't find one. Plus, I prefer SR3 over 4 and most of the conversations here are SR4. Plus, wound up going about bankrupt and had to get a new job that doesn't leave a lot of opportunity to get online with all the travel.

Sucks to be me, lol.

My co-driver is in the middle of vacation - so I am, too, though mine is unpaid. But I have internet and time, so thought I'd see what was going on here.

Are you still writing and getting published? I thought I saw something that you had a few credits for a different gameline. (You know I take credit for helping get you launched, lol. wink.gif )
RelentlessImp
You filthy, filthy tease.
Critias
QUOTE (tisoz @ Jun 23 2012, 03:45 PM) *
My co-driver is in the middle of vacation - so I am, too, though mine is unpaid. But I have internet and time, so thought I'd see what was going on here.

Well, glad you found new work, at least. As someone who's currently juggling "freelance RPG writer" and "adjunct faculty," believe me, I know that any paycheck bets no paycheck at all. Hopefully you're able to relax and enjoy your mini-vacation, at least a little bit.

Are you still writing and getting published? I thought I saw something that you had a few credits for a different gameline. (You know I take credit for helping get you launched, lol. wink.gif )

Yup, between academic writing and SR work, they're keepin' me hopping. My sig links to my Shadowrun stuff that's out and finished at the moment, I've got a couple more projects in layout and final edits, and I've also got an even half-dozen Missions under my belt.

So far, so good. grinbig.gif
TwoDee
That was cruel, CanRay.
CanRay
QUOTE (TwoDee @ Jun 26 2012, 10:50 AM) *
That was cruel, CanRay.
Not my fault if you haven't figured out that I'm so yet.
Grinchy McScrooge
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 26 2012, 12:59 PM) *
Not my fault if you haven't figured out that I'm so yet.

Oh, I'm sure he's figured it out (we all have). He's just stating it for posterity. grinbig.gif
CanRay
Also, I'm busy. So no time for stories. For now.
Tanegar
Damnit, I still want CrystalBlue's story of how a Force 1 spirit nearly caused a TPK!
Ruby
I have some stories on my blog... not sure if they're as awesome as CanRay's stories are... If you want stories about games... I have to get my group to sit still long enough for the GM to run a game. :-/
CanRay
Mahogany:

This goes through a few campaigns. It starts with one player being the Captain in my Airship Pirates game, when he came across a mahogany chart table (with a glass top and a map built into it, allowing for markings to be done in grease pencil!). He then vowed to get a whole mahogany set for his personal quarters. After a few adventures, he was well on his way to getting that, when a number of ricocheting cannon balls ripped through his quarters, ruining everything. (And that was before the boiler ripped through the floor.). His character is still hunting for a full mahogany suite.

Move over to Shadowrun, one of the other players gave his character the last name of Mahogany just to taunt him about it. And then I lead them to a rich bastard's house (One of the Shadowrun Missions), which had a office with all Vat-Grown Mahogany Furniture (And they had no van to steal it all. That, and the cops showed up.).

The character is still on the hunt for a full suite of mahogany. Which is funny, because he's a Technomancer that just built a Virtual Bar and could have had it there if he had thought of it. nyahnyah.gif
VykosDarkSoul
Hehehehe......heh...love it!
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 27 2012, 10:54 AM) *
Mahogany:

The character is still on the hunt for a full suite of mahogany. Which is funny, because he's a Technomancer that just built a Virtual Bar and could have had it there if he had thought of it. nyahnyah.gif

And still could, if he wanted to do so... smile.gif
Ruby
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 27 2012, 10:54 AM) *

Yeah but it's not REAL mahogany. Man's gotta have his standards, right?
Neraph
QUOTE (Ruby @ Jun 27 2012, 01:22 PM) *
Yeah but it's not REAL mahogany. Man's gotta have his standards, right?

Well, yes, but in the 'trix it's BTM (Better Than Mahogany).
CanRay
More stories of the Virtual Bar...

I've been running Shadowrun Missions, and have had an onrunning joke about Detective Tosh constantly sticking them with the bill for meals and drinks. Well, to demonstrate that the bar wasn't as well thought out as the Player thought, I had Tosh go through the security like a knife through butter and get free virtual drinks from THERE as well.

Needless to say, the group is far less than happy, and are eagerly awaiting the day they can stick Tosh with the bill.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012