Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Narcojet/Dartgun Rules Questions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Doc Sportscar
I have a PC who's looking to expand his repertoire of nonlethal weapons by purchasing a dartgun loaded with stun toxins. This has led me to a couple of questions:

1) The SR3 main book has stats for Narcojet and Gamma-Scopolamine, but not prices, street index, and availability numbers (so far as I have been able to find). Can anyone tell me if these have been published, and if so, where? Page numbers would also be very much appreciated.

2) I seem to recall reading somewhere that dart guns are allowed a called shot to ignore any armor that the target is wearing. Is this the case, and if so, can someone point me to the right page?

I have most of the books involved, so I think this is just a question of me finding the right information somewhere in my stack of tomes.
Voltage
Page 158, Man and Machine, has all the stats on the drugs you need. Also in M&M you'll find the Called Shot rules on page 106.
The White Dwarf
Be sure you and the player are clear on the dartgun rules too I might add. Often I get people that are too quick to shoot a 4L dart and expect the 10D drug stun to land right away. If the dart is deflected no drug damage, if it lands drug damage at the end of the turn (for speed immediate). Otherwise it gets out of hand, and fast.
Kurukami
Does anyone else think that the new darting rules for toxins are, well, kind of messed up? I looked back at the original rules for Narcoject pistols and rifles in the Street Samurai Catalog, where the Impact armor the target wore would count towards reducing the TN for the Dodge Test -- but if the shooter got enough successes, the dart would still get through and the toxin would take effect, to be resisted by Body.

That seems to me to be a far more fair rule mechanic than the current "lower the drug's Power by half the Impact armor" rule. Either the dart should get through or it shouldn't -- and if it does, then no amount of Impact armor is going to decrease the strength of the material carried.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012