Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Leopard Guards and Jaguars
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
joe13
Can anyone tell me where to find stats for Leopard Guards and Jaguars in 4th edition? We used them once in 2nd, and I no longer have the book and I am no longer able to recall their stats. If anyone knows if the info is on any sites, even if it is from previous editions that would be helpful as well. Thanks.
Dr.Rockso
QUOTE (joe13 @ Jun 28 2012, 12:55 PM) *
Can anyone tell me where to find stats for Leopard Guards and Jaguars in 4th edition? We used them once in 2nd, and I no longer have the book and I am no longer able to recall their stats. If anyone knows if the info is on any sites, even if it is from previous editions that would be helpful as well. Thanks.

Away from books atm, but I believe they had stats for one of them in the second Dawn of the Artifacts book.
joe13
Thank you.
Critias
Yeah, DotA: Midnight, p. 44-45, has some Jaguar Guards.
joe13
Thanks, and are the Leopards in some book or supplement, or should I just base them off of something like the Red Samurai?
Critias
The old Aztlan book (around page 80) has the go-to fluff for them, and (previous edition) stats in the back. I'm trying to remember if I've seen stats for 'em anywhere, and kind of drawing a blank. In a lot ways they're basically "Jaguar Guard -1." They have a few key skills a little lower, they have about half as much chrome (only had Smartlink and Wired Reflexes 1), etc, etc. Leopard Guards are basically a stepping stone from "normal grunt" towards "absolute cutting-edge warrior elite." Somewhere between your work-a-day soldier and your top-tier Red Samurai, Jaguar Guard, etc, etc.
joe13
Alright, thanks.
ravensmuse
2e Leopard and Jaguar stats from Aztlan:

Leopard Guard
B 5 Q 6 S 6 C 2 I 4 W 5 E 3.5* R 5(7) Armor 12 / 8
Initiative 7 + 2d6
Threat / Professional Rating 4/4
Skills: Armed Combat 4, Demolitions 3, Etiquette (Corporate) 3, Firearms 4 (Assault Rilfes 6, Ares Alpha Combat Gun cool.gif, Gunnery 4, Leadership 3, Military Theory 3, Stealth 4, Unarmed Combat 4
Cyberware: Smartlink II, Wired Reflexes (1)
Gear: Ares Alpha Combat Gun (Assault Rifle, 42 [clip]), SA / BF / FA, 8M w/ 1 extra clip, Recoil Reduction 2, Integral Smartlink II, underbarrel grenade launcher), Commlink, Cougar Finelbade Knife (long blade, [(STR +1)M]), Medium Military Armor
*Cyberware may vary; adjust Essence to reflect

Jaguar Guard
B 5 Q 6 S 6 C 3 I 5 W 6 E .05* R 5(7) Armor 12 / 8
Initiative 7 + 2d6
Threat / Professional Rating 4/4
Skills: Armed Combat 4, Demolitions 3, Etiquette (Corporate) 3, Firearms 5 (Assault Rifles 7, Ares Alpha Combat Gun 9) Gunnery 4, Leadership 5, Military Theory 4, Stealth 4, Unarmed Combat 4
Cyberware: Smartlink II, Wired Reflexes (1), Vehicle Control Rig (2)
Gear: Ares Alpha Combat Gun [Assault Rifle, 42 (clip), SA / BF / FA, 8M, w/ 1 extra clip, Recoil Reduction 2, Integral Smartlink II, underbarrel grenade launcher), Commlink, Cougar Fineblade Knife (long blade, [STR + 1]M), Medium Military Armor
*Cybermods may vary; adjust Essence to reflect.

Convert using the SR3 to SR4 Conversion Guide (which may not convert exactly, if I'm remembering correctly).

I also just checked, and updated stats weren't posted in SoLA.

Happy hunting!
joe13
Oh wow, thank you so much, that helps me alot. Now I can start writing up the adventure sooner than I expected.
Demonseed Elite
Shadows of Latin America (see the link in my signature, pages 58 and 59) has more information on the differences between AZT/Aztlan's different warrior orders. No stat blocks, but there is some info in the Game Information section about special techniques the Aztlan warrior orders use.
joe13
Thanks, I will check it out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012