Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ally sprites
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Boomer1985
So I was looking thhrough the books at technomancer stuff and why don't technomancers get access to ally sprites?

Everything else on those books has a one to one relationship that it makes it almost to sad.

Hmm maybe I can come op with something and post it here
VykosDarkSoul
QUOTE (Boomer1985 @ Jul 5 2012, 11:13 AM) *
So I was looking thhrough the books at technomancer stuff and why don't technomancers get access to ally sprites?

Everything else on those books has a one to one relationship that it makes it almost to sad.

I dont have my books with me, but dont they get somethign called Paragon?
fistandantilus4.0
The Paragon is more like a mentor spirit, not an ally. Otaku used to get "Daemons". I dunno, maybe they thought it paralleled mages to much, or that they already had enough going for them. You could house rule it back in using similar rules really. But they're already a pretty big karma sink.
Halinn
There's also Resonance Bond, which is the technomancy version of a Spirit Pact.
Boomer1985
yep which is everything but spirit ally

i know it is a big karma sink but if built right the spirit ally was good.

with widgets they are getting the begginings of foci but not as good it just takes too long to make one that doesnt last long enough
Udoshi
From the ancient depths of dumpshock: Houserules to the rescue
Mikado
QUOTE (Boomer1985 @ Jul 5 2012, 12:13 PM) *

The main reason I can think of is the Echo that allows you to gain an additional sprite type which would allow you to have a ally sprite with all sprite powers. If you took the Echo enough times to gain access to all of the sprites. While this would be very expensive karma-wise it would make for a very powerful sprite.
Halinn
QUOTE (Mikado @ Jul 9 2012, 12:00 AM) *
The main reason I can think of is the Echo that allows you to gain an additional sprite type which would allow you to have a ally sprite with all sprite powers. If you took the Echo enough times to gain access to all of the sprites. While this would be very expensive karma-wise it would make for a very powerful sprite.

For the same karma, you could just raise the rating of the sprite, though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012