Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Used Car Lot out now. PDF with all the vehicles you need for your Shadowrun
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Larsine
Read all about it: http://www.shadowrun4.com/2012/07/used-car...-pdf-available/
Grinchy McScrooge
Looks interesting. I had a quick look through the sample file on DriveThru and I liked what I saw. What I saw were a few motorcycles and I thought the stats were decent. The artwork really gave me a sense of what they looked like and also looked nicely "futuristic".
Grinder
Drivethru.rpg - goes for $7,95.
Dr.Rockso
Who's the author(s)?
BishopMcQ
Peter M Andrew, Jr.
Raven the Trickster
Just finished it this morning and I am very pleased with my purchase. This PDF fills in pretty much every hole I've seen people complaining about in regards to missing vehicle types and brings back all three classic vehicles that I've specifically seen people wanting in the current edition (blitzen, phaeton and americar). On a quick readthru while I was tired things looked balanced with at meat one or two vehicles in every class. The PDF is 34 pages in total and 31 of new vehicles in the format that has become the standard for these pets. Shadowtalk was enjoyable and seemed in character to my sleep befuddled brain, but I'll let someone else confirm that who has read it while wide awake. The book also includes a few vehicles that I'm going to guess are from the German edition of arsenal, so that's a plus for people who have been wanting some of those translated (I particularly liked the luxury sports sedan although at 112,500 to 125,000 nuyen.gif it isn't something that all that many characters will be buying legitimately.)
Critias
QUOTE (Dr.Rockso @ Jul 14 2012, 06:02 PM) *
Who's the author(s)?

QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Jul 14 2012, 06:46 PM) *
Peter M Andrew, Jr.

Aka, "the gear book guy." This Old Drone, the Gun Heaven books, etc, etc, etc.
Bull
Patrick Goodman and I Contributed in a minor way, as we'd statted up a couple older vehicles in Another Rainy Night and one of my Missions adventures (The Ford Americar and the Honda Viking). But the shadowtalk and the rest were all Pete.
_Pax._
I for one am quie happy with my purchase.

It's especially fortuitous as I've a new player, who wants to play a Paramedic / Street Doc sort of character, complete with personally-owned ambulance. Plenty of van-sized vehicles to choose from, now.
CanRay
I like it. Drekboxes to steal for jobs. Or as disposable assets.
All4BigGuns
Only complaint is that it would be nice if the DocWagon vehicle in there were just two availability points lower.
CanRay
QUOTE (All4BigGuns @ Jul 15 2012, 11:44 PM) *
Only complaint is that it would be nice if the DocWagon vehicle in there were just two availability points lower.
Availability: "Jack the sucker!" nyahnyah.gif
Fatum
While I love most of the art and the intent and all, but frankly, a good deal of models differ minimally from what we have in the system already. Like, +5 max speed for a bike with all the other stats being exactly the same as a model from Core - is it really worth that page it got? Some other statlines are also eyebrow-raising, like the Nomad getting higher Pilot Rating than its descendant P-179.
Also, Body 12 bike? Are you even serious?
Finally, yay some of the additional vehicles from German Arsenal. Some.
Neko Asakami
I wanna toss out an kudos to whoever thought to include the little blurb on modifying obsolete vehicles. I know for a fact that at least one of my characters (hopefully a PC, but most likely an NPC) is going to get an old clunker turned into a hot rod. Maybe something from that 2050's book once I pick that up.
Aria
Like the book, good to have some of the old favourites back again!

Question on prices if anyone in the know is listening (reading?!?)...are these intended to be priced 'new' and you can modify the cost for picking up a wreck and modding it (at increased mod cost and the risk of GM imposed gremlins)? The Arsenal rules are fairly vague about buying old vehicles but gven that these are all meant to be state of the arc...?!?

In RL I'd only ever buy a second hand car and I don't know what it's like in the States but over here they devalue bloody quickly so I don't see why a shadowrunner would need to pay for a new ride when he/she can get a better deal and look less conspicuous...
All4BigGuns
QUOTE (Aria @ Jul 18 2012, 06:18 AM) *

Question on prices if anyone in the know is listening (reading?!?)...are these intended to be priced 'new' and you can modify the cost for picking up a wreck and modding it (at increased mod cost and the risk of GM imposed gremlins)? The Arsenal rules are fairly vague about buying old vehicles but gven that these are all meant to be state of the arc...?!?

In RL I'd only ever buy a second hand car and I don't know what it's like in the States but over here they devalue bloody quickly so I don't see why a shadowrunner would need to pay for a new ride when he/she can get a better deal and look less conspicuous...

Here in the States, you pretty much lose half the value of a new car the moment you drive it off the lot.
Hida Tsuzua
QUOTE (Aria @ Jul 18 2012, 12:18 PM) *

My guess is that the prices are suppose to reflect "sat around in a warehouse untouched for twenty years might as well be new" quality. That's the only way the prices make any amount of sense. That or there's a huge hipster market out there. The weird side effect of this is that used old vehicles end up costing as much or more than their modern counterparts.
hobgoblin
There is the street prices table in SR4A tho.
Bazhel
I must say i really liked this PDF, especially since my current character in Shadowun is a rigger. But since our campaign has a international tone with lots of travelling i'm hoping for a similar product with a focus on aircraft (Choppers, planes, LAV's and the like.

Besides getting as some one mentioned it the old goodies back with SR 4 stats, all vehicles have a picture and for some of those vehicles its the first time i have had the oppertunity to see what they look like.

Thanks for a nice little PDF and keep 'em coming
bannockburn
You mean like ... Unfriendly Skies? smile.gif

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/9199...nfriendly-Skies
Bazhel
QUOTE (bannockburn @ Jul 23 2012, 02:45 PM) *

Thank you!!!!

As Im not the GM I cant say i know about all the books out there and especially since now a days most are PDF's.
Now all I need to do i get home from work and start scheming on how to best get my hands on a nice little aircraft....
bannockburn
Those aren't 'old' aircraft, though smile.gif
Still a lot of stuff inside.
hobgoblin
Also possible to get as hardcopy as part of Runners Black Book, iirc.
Bazhel
Ahhh. if they are in Runners black book i have access to them.
hobgoblin
Heh, now i wonder if we are due a RBB2. The gear pdfs have been stacking up lately.
bannockburn
Well, it's been announced in SR2050
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012