Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadownet Gun Market
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Seriously Mike
http://gizmodo.com/5927379/the-secret-onli...anyone-anything
So, the TOR shopping services allow you to buy not only drugs, but guns as well. Even bigger stuff like helicopters and armored vehicles can be arranged for the right price. They even have the delivery figured out.
Makes me wonder, how many online stores like this exist in Shadowrun? There, it's always arranged meeting for the pickup or a hidden node with shop interface set near the warehouse where the product is kept.
nezumi
From my understanding of the setting, enforcement is weak enough that you don't need the anonymity TOR offers.
Backgammon
That would, in effect, be the Ares Weapons World online matrix store.
Seriously Mike
QUOTE (Backgammon @ Jul 20 2012, 02:58 PM) *

Yeah, but isn't Weapons World, like, legal and all? wink.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Seriously Mike @ Jul 20 2012, 07:19 AM) *

I am sure they can provide you a valid end user certificate for a price... smile.gif
Lantzer
QUOTE (Backgammon @ Jul 20 2012, 01:58 PM) *

Minor quibble: Apparently in SR3 WW was Ares. In SR1,2, & 4 it's Monobe. Just one of those trivia things that was brought to my attention a little while back.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Lantzer @ Jul 20 2012, 07:44 AM) *
Minor quibble: Apparently in SR3 WW was Ares. In SR1,2, & 4 it's Monobe. Just one of those trivia things that was brought to my attention a little while back.

If I remember Correctly, Monobe is a Subsidiary of Ares... smile.gif
Wakshaani
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jul 20 2012, 11:48 AM) *
If I remember Correctly, Monobe is a Subsidiary of Ares... smile.gif

I believe that Monobe is arguably the #4 corporation in Japan. (There's another that sometimes get mentioned as the largest AA in Japan. I guess they switch places often? Unsure.)

And not an Ares subsidiary. smile.gif Ares has terrible Asian penetration, save in China, but has been tring to make inroads in Europe.
Tanegar
QUOTE (Seriously Mike @ Jul 20 2012, 02:55 AM) *

I find the existence of things like this curiously reassuring. The world is a little more interesting, and a little less sanitized, than it seemed a few minutes ago.
kzt
QUOTE (Seriously Mike @ Jul 20 2012, 07:19 AM) *

It's legal, as it's always on Ares property. Once you leave it's your problem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012