Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A nice representation of augmented reality
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Laughing One
Just came across this interesting video:
http://vimeo.com/46304267

Figured it might be relevant to your interest. With the exception of the ending, this is even better than the way I imagined augmented reality.

EDIT: I take it back, the ending is definitely shadowrunny.
Jizmack
This was cool... very much like Michio Kaku's Physics of the Future.
Thanks!
NiL_FisK_Urd
nice, that just looks like empathy software XD
Rip the Jackker
I present for your viewing pleasure this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSfKlCmYcLc

Think is how I imagine AR
Draco18s
Very well done.
SpellBinder
Thanks. Both look good. Bookmarked for reference for newbie players and such.
Rip the Jackker
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Jul 26 2012, 08:10 PM) *
Very well done.

I didn't make that one, but if you're referring to how it's a nice find, I agree. It was stunning the first time I saw it. THAT was AR, perfectly. Or at least that's how I saw it.

The Sight video in the opening post is probably what will come of Cyberware, though.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Rip the Jackker @ Jul 26 2012, 09:51 PM) *
I didn't make that one, but if you're referring to how it's a nice find, I agree. It was stunning the first time I saw it. THAT was AR, perfectly. Or at least that's how I saw it.

The Sight video in the opening post is probably what will come of Cyberware, though.

I meant that it was well made, I didn't mean to imply that you had done it.
DMiller
I agree that it was a well made video, though I'd say the first part was more like VR (without RAS) as it seemed to be full sensory.

As always I could be wrong. smile.gif

-D
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
Yep... Pretty Awesome.
smile.gif
Draco18s
QUOTE (DMiller @ Jul 27 2012, 12:14 AM) *
I agree that it was a well made video, though I'd say the first part was more like VR (without RAS) as it seemed to be full sensory.

As always I could be wrong. smile.gif

To me it looked like audial and visual only. It was taking input from his motion/position on the floor.
Laughing One
I'd say its all AR, but with DNI connectivity so they can transfer their motions to it and give commands with their minds. This is further reinforced by the ending - the only way this should be possible in Shadowrun is if he hacked her Sight, subscribed his sim module to her PAN, flipped her to hot-sim and hit her with some custom psychotropic program.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Laughing One @ Jul 28 2012, 04:49 PM) *
I'd say its all AR, but with DNI connectivity so they can transfer their motions to it and give commands with their minds. This is further reinforced by the ending - the only way this should be possible in Shadowrun is if he hacked her Sight, subscribed his sim module to her PAN, flipped her to hot-sim and hit her with some custom psychotropic program.

Missed that whole conversation about controlling subjects through the interface during Dinner did you? smile.gif
Laughing One
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jul 29 2012, 02:33 AM) *
Missed that whole conversation about controlling subjects through the interface during Dinner did you? smile.gif

Had the feeling I missed something.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Laughing One @ Jul 29 2012, 06:13 AM) *
Had the feeling I missed something.

No worries. I almost missed it myself.
Had to go back and listen again. It was short, but I knew it would likely show up again. And It did. smile.gif
ShadowDragon8685
Wow. I was pretty much expecting to see an advertisement for a LIMB clinic in there. smile.gif

Though really, Shadowrun being clean, and having fresh food? smile.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Jul 29 2012, 07:35 AM) *
Though really, Shadowrun being clean, and having fresh food? smile.gif

All it takes is enough Money...
smile.gif
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jul 29 2012, 09:53 AM) *
All it takes is enough Money...
smile.gif

Yeah, but someone with the money for clean, fresh food wouldn't be preparing his own dinner, would he?
Laughing One
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Jul 29 2012, 04:33 PM) *
Yeah, but someone with the money for clean, fresh food wouldn't be preparing his own dinner, would he?

He would if it means new high-score at MasterChef.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Laughing One @ Jul 29 2012, 10:38 AM) *
He would if it means new high-score at MasterChef.

Indeed... I actually love to cook, and when I can afford High Quality Ingredients (hardly ever), it is often better for me to cook it than to pay 3-4 times the price for someone else to do so. Of course, sometimes it is good to go out and experience the high life too... Wish that I could do that more often. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012