Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Playing with Hot Wheels
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
MADness
I have numerous questions about the vehicle modification rules.

Where does the Iron Will fall in terms of available modifications? Also, can it utilize a rigger cocoon?

Does a vehicle with rigger cocoon still require rigger adaptation?

If an Iron Will has a weapon mounted to the side of its arm, is that a fixed mount?

Could Mimic be used to make an Iron Will look like a troll?

Do augmentations to a PC's Agility affect the PC's use of Gunnery while Jumped In? Does this include Para/Quadriplegic characters?

Are Dragonflies with the c-12 option a cost effective weapon option? Preferably with a Drone Rack object.

How much space inside a Bulldog Step Van would an Iron Will take up?
bannockburn
Phew. I can't answer all of those, but I'll try what I remember:

Yes. The cocoon is only an armoured part to protect the rigger.

Do augmentations to a PC's Agility affect the PC's use of Gunnery while Jumped In? Does this include Para/Quadriplegic characters?

When jumped in, you don't use your physical attributes, you use your commlink's response instead (iirc).

Whipstitch
QUOTE (MADness @ Jul 28 2012, 04:08 PM) *
Are Dragonflies with the c-12 option a cost effective weapon option? Preferably with a Drone Rack object.

I'm a C-12 dragonfly fan, but I just own a couple as a nasty surprise complement to my microdrones rather than think of them as a pure weapon. 2.5k nuyen plus the cost of explosives adds up after a while and they're relatively pokey compared to larger stuff so they're not always a great fit for every job. On the bright side, they're quite small and have Improved Takeoff & Landing 2 so there really isn't a crying need for a true drone rack for most uses.
Shortstraw
QUOTE (MADness @ Jul 29 2012, 08:08 AM) *

Where does the Iron Will fall in terms of available modifications? Also, can it utilize a rigger cocoon?

If an Iron Will has a weapon mounted to the side of its arm, is that a fixed mount?

Iron Will:
It's a vehicle with a body of 6 and can take any modifications available to vehicles of that size. Some however are pointless ie improving the acceleration or speed 1.2*0=0.

I would say no to the rigger cocoon on the Iron Will as it modifies your stats as opposed to having its own (also note if you did it has a speed of 0) - use passenger protection and personal armour instead.

You can mimic a troll with an Iron Will although mimic isn't great and you will likely appear to be a troll with synthetic cyberlimbs.

Weapon mount flexibility determines the arc of fire of the weapon any mount (i.e the arm) that can target things other than directly infront of the vehicle must be a flexible or turret mount.
UmaroVI
QUOTE (MADness @ Jul 28 2012, 05:08 PM) *

The rules for the Iron Will are a total mess. Nobody is really entirely sure how it works and it is probably super broken, depending on exact interpretation.

Like any other vehicle of its body, except maybe not because it's pretty messed up. Who knows?

Yes, although it's unclear if it can take Rigger Adaptation in the first place.

Sure.

No, never. Modifiers to "Agility-linked skills" and to the skills themselves, yes. To Agility, no.

Hell no. 2500 per grenade is awful and grenades aren't very good in the first place. Take a Ford LEBD-1 and give it an Ares Alpha, and put grenades in the underbarrel. It will probably run you about 3x the cost but it doesn't blow itself up every use.

About as much as a troll, I guess, so 2 seats out of the normal 3 (or 6 if you put in Squatter Amenities).
MADness
QUOTE (Shortstraw @ Jul 29 2012, 08:08 AM) *
Weapon mount flexibility determines the arc of fire of the weapon any mount (i.e the arm) that can target things other than directly in front of the vehicle must be a flexible or turret mount.

But that would mean the gun would have some sort of motion capability on the arm. I.E. if the Iron Will's arm is pointed forward, and the gun is mounted to the side of said arm, that it has to also be capable of independently aiming up/down a certain range of degrees. And by your statement, which I may be misinterpreting, the same applies to guns mounted backwards on vehicles.

EDIT: Also, thank you for your responses. I should have put that first. My bad.
Shortstraw
Easier way to say it would have been "an arm is a flexible mount by definition"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012