Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New product at Gen Con
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Bull
Whole pile of new stuff being released at Gen Con, plus a couple show specials.

http://www.catalystgamelabs.com/2012/08/07...t-gen-con-2012/
almost normal
Clutch of the Dragons seems like just what I was looking for.

Will 2074 cover anything from the RBB released recently?

And is there *any* way to get those gear cards if we can't afford GenCon? I'd really love me a set.
Raven the Trickster
Ahh man, gear cards being convention only is just not cool. There is no way I'll be able to make it to a convention this year and I would love to have those. Please tell me they're going to come out as a non-exclusive after the con season?!
Bull
Will 2074 cover anything from the RBB released recently?

the Runners Black Book from last year? No. Specifically, it will compile: Gun H(e)aven 2, Used Car Lot, MilSpec Tech 2, and Euro War Antiques

And is there *any* way to get those gear cards if we can't afford GenCon? I'd really love me a set.

QUOTE (Raven the Trickster @ Aug 7 2012, 05:37 PM) *
Ahh man, gear cards being convention only is just not cool. There is no way I'll be able to make it to a convention this year and I would love to have those. Please tell me they're going to come out as a non-exclusive after the con season?!

No clue, unfortunately. We're doing a small print run to test the waters with these. If they sell well and we get good feedback, I imagine the Powers That be would look at the possibility of a wider release, but I don't know.

Your best bet may be to hit the Convention boards and see if you can find someone willing to be a Swag Sherpa for you.

Bull
apple
Are there any plans to produce normal equipment books which can be used by runners? I mean right now the vehicle books swing from "antique/obsolete/used" to "SOTA military hardware" and nothing in between which is used by runners 2070.

SYL
Bull
One of the recent eBooks (Used Car Lot, maybe?) had rules for removing Obsolete from vehicles, which opens them all up a lot more (and really, Obsolete didn't really hinder the older vehicles and drones taht much anyway).

Both Gun Havens are chock full of new gear for runners. Used Car LOt, despite the name, does have some newer vehicles in it. Both Miltech specs have a couple items in them that are runner useful. Plus stuff like SOTA 2073 had some vehicles runners could use as well.

The problem is that there's a lot of area Shadowrun has covered at this point, either in this edition or in the older ones. You start seeing a lot of the "Same ol', Same ol'" after a while.

Bull
bannockburn
Personally, I'd like to see more stuff like Safehouses, less MOAR GUNZ!!! books.
And I really hope Elven Blood will someday be available in pdf form.

Edit: Ork Underground. Pretty please? smile.gif
Udoshi
Man, all I really want is one of those beta keys for Mechwarrior Tactics. I've been following Poptart Ninja's Let's Play of it, and shit it makes me want to play with stompy robots
Neko Asakami
Having them at GenCon is awesome and all (especially RBB74 and Clutch of Dragons!), but what I really wanna know is when can I get them through my FLGS? I love you guys and buy pdfs all the time (way more often that I should!), but I need to support them too!
Wakshaani
QUOTE (bannockburn @ Aug 7 2012, 07:27 PM) *
Personally, I'd like to see more stuff like Safehouses, less MOAR GUNZ!!! books.
And I really hope Elven Blood will someday be available in pdf form.

Edit: Ork Underground. Pretty please? smile.gif

Oh believe me, I have such a LIST for what I'd like to see.

The trick comes in a couple of places.

First and foremost, there has to be a look at sales potential. We all loves games, but Catalyst has bills to pay, so, if an awesome book comes out but doesn't sell well, they're up a creek. PDF releases are darn handy for these smaller products, simply because the buy-in is smaller. PDF files are also a great place to try out new people, see if they have what it takes to make deadlines, follow the rules, produce art, etc. If I wanted to see, say, the Book of Gus, which would feature ten people named Gus and what they were doing, it likely wouldn't do so well.

After that, you look for usefulness. This is somewhat tied in with the above, but not entirely. A book of maps, for instance, won't sell fabulously because, in essence, only a GM will buy it, but, it's useful, so it has a chance. A book that fills a need, even if it's not that popular, has a shot.

After that, storyline stuff has a shot. Let's say that in order to gain disposable soldier sin the Dragon Civil War, Lofwyr had himself cloned one thousand times and, suddenly, there as a swarm of great dragons swooping over California, blotting out the sun. Obviously, you'd want a book about that to be out there so people would know what the heck was going on.

Lastly, you have vanity projects. This doesn't mean a 2074 calender featuring Nadia Daviar and the Nadias in skimpy attire, but a project that appeals to one person and probably no one else. Again, you bump into the sales issues here, but if someone just went crazy on a proposal that was the life cycle of the Mongolian Throat Worm and was able to convince people of it, it might go out, even if it doesn't fit all the other aspects. Sometimes, you just eyeball a proposal and say, "Know what? Go for it."

I know that there are rules about what kinds of threads that the core staff are allowed to look at. There's lots of legalese on the backend that you just don't want to get bitten by. I idly wonder if there's not a place on a forum (Likely the official boards) that would have a legal disclaimer that said you signed over teh rights to your idea? You can log in, pitch the Book of Gus, and cross your fingers and hope someone likes it and picks it up. Sadly, sharing them in a public area isn't conductive to that, so, again, there'd have to be legalese involved.

Believe me, tho, I'm chock full of ideas. One or two might even be decent. smile.gif
bannockburn
Man, the Book of Gus sounds awesome. I want that, too. No Nadia and her glorious nipples, please. wink.gif
No seriously: Sadly, I know how it works. Apparently, MOAR GUNZ always sells, even if there are just so many permutations of the theme.
However, Safehouses had decent sales iirc and I really hope someone picks up on this.

almost normal
QUOTE (bannockburn @ Aug 8 2012, 06:26 AM) *
No Nadia and her glorious nipples, please. wink.gif

This doesn't mean a 2074 calender featuring Nadia Daviar and the Nadias in skimpy attire,

Was there some Shadowrun pinup calender I was unaware of?
apple
No, just a explicit description of Nadias nipples in the Dragonheart Trilogy.

SYL
CanRay
No love for SR2050? frown.gif
bannockburn
Sure, but I've already got this one wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012