Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3rd Edition rules for increasing Drone Sensor
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
InfidelZombie
It's says there's a way to increase a drones sensor in both the core book and Rigger 3, but no matter where I look I can't find the requirements or cost. Can anybody help a guy out?
nezumi
Per the books, I don't believe you can increase sensors after production. IIRC, the sensor packages are all wrapped in during design and have design point costs, but not upgrade costs. However, as a GM, I just fool with the numbers until they seem right and permit that.

You can also change sensor ratings with the flux rules. I believe flux rules apply to all vehicles, so drones would be included. Using that, you can boost sensor ratings up to 50% (again, IIRC). The rules for this are in the main book.

The final thing I'd probably allow is to make a 'sensors only vehicle' or find some sensor equipment and just mount that on the drone. It's probably the least space-efficient route, but as a GM, I'd be cool with it.
Telion
Rigger 3 modifications section --> sensors page. 147

From the chart I believe anything rating 5+ requires specialized fixers.
Kagetenshi
In addition to all that, R3 p30 gives rules for upgrading sensors with additional capabilities without increasing rating. SR3 p135 lists the capabilities included at each rating.

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012