Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CAS
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
The Dead Man
Are there any good resources online for GM's wanting to run campaigns in the CAS? i've done a quick search of the boards and haven't really been able to find a lot. I've got the Neo Anarchists Guide to North America, which is very useful, but just wondering if you guys could point me in the direction of more resources.
Frag-o Delux
I don't know any online but SoNA has some good stuff for it.
Patrick Goodman
Online, I can't think of much. You'd be well advised to ignore some of what's in NAGNA, since many of us here cringe at some of the sillier notions put forth there. You'd also be well-advised to seek out Shadows of North America, which brings much of the knowledge of the North American continent up to the 2060s. Well worth the price of admission.
The Dead Man
Really? I found it a very interesting read, especially the Dallas/Fort Worth section. Although the bit about the stadium in the Atlanta write up did seem a little peculiar to say the least!
CircuitBoyBlue
What problems do you have with the NeoAnarchist's Guide to North America? I have a copy, but tend to only look at the section dealing with DC (FDC, I suppose--Guess where I go to school). I've never noticed anything that stood out as being weird when placed in the context of the rest of 1st ed.
Crimsondude 2.0
QUOTE (CircuitBoyBlue @ Apr 16 2004, 07:40 AM)
What problems do you have with the NeoAnarchist's Guide to North America? I have a copy, but tend to only look at the section dealing with DC (FDC, I suppose--Guess where I go to school). I've never noticed anything that stood out as being weird when placed in the context of the rest of 1st ed.

I'd guess Georgetown, but then you wouldn't be so subtle about it. smile.gif

I agree, though. The context of 1st ed., and NAGNA in particular seems pretty damn bleak compared to 3d ed. I was just thinking of this the other day, but in the intro the UCAS chapter/section, there's some reference to an act of terrorism occurring in the UCAS like every 20 seconds (even if it was minutes, that's obscene in RL context).

I liked the DFW chapter. Atlanta wasn't really great but it was better than mediocre. And I would say that the South did seem to change IRL (at least perception-wise) after NAGNA came out, and before then the perception was more in line with the description in NAGNA.

But, yeah, SoNA is definitely a must-read/must-buy.
Kanada Ten
Viper's CAS Page is all I found worth seeing. Old, but still kinda neat.

CircuitBoyBlue
I agree. NAGNA DOES seem pretty bleak. I like that, though. It's pretty far removed from the cartooniness of 3rd. And picking up SoNA isn't really much of an option for me, since my group runs a 2nd ed. game set in 2052.

oh, and it's hilarious that you correctly guessed I don't go to Georgetown based on the fact that I wasn't beating you over the head with it. So true. I was talking more about the location of the school.
Crimsondude 2.0
Well, although it does have some interesting historical information you might find useful that I guess, all things considered, the timeline explorer should suffice.

I did my undergrad in D.C. and it was not at Georgetown either. But since you're there, feel free to comment on this
CircuitBoyBlue
Thanks. I tried replying to your DC posting but ended up going off on a tangent. Some things I can just never shut up about...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012