Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weapon Caches
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
FuelDrop
Hi all.

I've gotten curious: how many stashes of guns and gear do your characters keep around their city of choice? what form do your stashes take, and what do they contain?

For instance: my old character maintained at least five safehouses around Seattle, each of which contained a LAW, a pistol, two clips of ammo, a fake SIN, about 300 nuyen.gif on a certified cred stick, a disguise kit and a change of outfit hidden behind a concealed panel in the wall. (think Men In Black on a budget grinbig.gif )
Dolanar
I think that would depend on the type of game you're playing in, my current game I have no extra safe houses simply due to the high extra cost & the lack of current need. my GM has not tried to force the group to have to replace their full equipment(which I am thankful for as my main weapon is irreplaceable at 180,000 nuyen) but if you're playing in a Burn Notice type game, multiple burn holes might not be a bad idea.
CanRay
The Safehouses PDF Sourcebook might be a lot of help to people. biggrin.gif
Speed Wraith
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 20 2012, 09:42 PM) *
The Safehouses PDF Sourcebook might be a lot of help to people. biggrin.gif

Bravo, shameless self-promotion to rival Shakespeare and his advertising different plays within his own plays nyahnyah.gif

It depends on the character and/or campaign. I had a very paranoid character that had various stashes, though rarely anything too extreme. The shotgun under the spare lined coat in the living room, the big honking revolver at her sister's house, and two seperate boxes filled with a manhunter, ID, and a credstick with a couple hundred nuyen.
Midas
My players generally keep one stash at a train/bus station locker containing a fake SIN, gun, disguise kit, small amount of cash just in case they have to leave town in a hurry and bad guys may be watching their homes. Never had to use them yet, but you never know ...
TeknoDragon
Haven't had a character earn enough to be able to afford a safe house, let alone go through SINs like parking tickets.

I must note, Safe Houses was a very fun read.
EKBT81
QUOTE (TeknoDragon @ Aug 21 2012, 07:20 AM) *
Haven't had a character earn enough to be able to afford a safe house, let alone go through SINs like parking tickets.

IIRC fake IDs have become much cheaper in SR4. They used to be really expensive in SR3.

Back when we still played SR3 somewhat regularly, most PCs had one or two secondary IDs and their own personal bolthole (lower-class lifestyle in most cases).
My face character had an actual weapons cache for the not-so-legal stuff like fully-automatic weapons in a "no-questions-asked-as-long-as-the-rent-is-paid" self-storage facility (rented with a fake SIN) to keep potentially incriminating gear away from the upper-class cover lifestyle.

But we didn't really aim for a high-paranoia type of game.
Dolanar
Having a single stash/cache that holds some extra weapons of decent quality picked up when you have some extra cash is a good idea for anyone especially if your GM follows things to the letter where a single fireball will end all of your gear or a well placed shot ruins your gun. If your GM has snipers with break weapon Maneuver or burns your id's a lot, have multiple.
Shortstraw
QUOTE (TeknoDragon @ Aug 21 2012, 03:20 PM) *

I must note, Safe Houses was a very fun read.

The problem is SR Missions like Burn don't give out enough nuyen to pay for the options in Safe Houses
_Pax._
QUOTE (Shortstraw @ Aug 21 2012, 06:02 AM) *
The problem is SR Missions like Burn don't give out enough nuyen to pay for the options in Safe Houses

.... you can get the stock "storage container" safehouse / bolt-hole for 200 nuyen.gif per month.
Tanegar
I don't remember where I saw/read this, but seal your stuff in a watertight container and drop it in a cistern, with a line hanging out so you can fish it out again at need.
The Jopp
I usually use small stashes in lockboxes at:
-Post Offices
-Train Stations
-Storage Services (Container Storage)

with various needed gear in emergencies.

I usually only have (at best) one or two actual safehouses.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012