Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looks like bioware is a step closer
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Speed Wraith
From the article: "Ultimately, this is about merging tissue with electronics in a way that it becomes difficult to determine where the tissue ends and the electronics begin."

Heh, I'm thinking less Shadowrun at that statement and more BSG skin jobs.
Draco18s
Beginning with a two-dimensional substrate, researchers laid out a mesh of organic polymer around nanoscale wires, which serve as the critical nanoscale sensing elements. Nanoscale electrodes, which connect the nanowire elements...

SO MUCH NANO
Halinn
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Aug 28 2012, 04:40 PM) *
SO MUCH NANO

Nano-beginning with a two-dimensional nanosubstrate, nanoresearchers laid out a nanomesh of nanoorganic nanopolymer around nanoscale nanowires, which nanoserve as the nanocritical nanoscale nanosensing nanoelements. Nanoscale nanoelectrodes, which nanoconnect the nanowire nanoelements...
Draco18s
Honestly, that's how I tried to read the sentence. Had to read it four times before I read the correct number of "nano"s.
DMiller
I'd say this is more like cyberware (DNI) right around the corner. The nanoelectronic interface is needed to connect machines to existing nerve tissue.

-D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012