Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: World History, specialized in Seattle: 2070 & 2071
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Redjack
As I work through timelines in several pbp games, I realize that I don't have a good perspective on timing of big picture. I am focused on Seattle, but world events obviously have impacts. For example, when precisely did the law enforcement contract for Seattle transfer from Lone Star to Knight Errant? As you reply, if you could note dates and sources as much as possible, I would appreciate it.
bannockburn
After a quick search, I found this:

QUOTE (Seattle2072 @ p. 12)
> The Guide doesn’t get into it, but Knight Errant’s contract with Seattle is relatively new. After years of trying to oust the metroplex’s long-standing security provider, Lone Star Security Services, KE finally succeeded after Governor Brackhaven’s election and the latest Lone Star fuck-up and scandal over Tempo. So he brought the Knights in on a promise to “clean up crime,” and the usual law-and-order promises. That means Knight Errant is eager to show the metroplex they’re getting things done, so they’re more willing than usual to make examples (and press releases) out of criminals in Seattle.
> Hard Exit

So ... Somewhere between Ghost Cartels and Seattle 2072
Abstruse
The license transferred on March 15, 2072. Source: Corporate Guide, p200.
Redjack
Thanks a lot guys. I was having total brain fry on where I'd seen that.
Prime Mover
Ugh Ghost Cartels. Still sore about that story being left hanging after having invested so much time into running it.
Wakshaani
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Aug 30 2012, 09:27 PM) *
Ugh Ghost Cartels. Still sore about that story being left hanging after having invested so much time into running it.

Sorry about that, but, The Troubles and all that.

Essentially, those who knew the whole plot left, while those who knew some can't really use it for awkwrd reasons, so it's quietly brushed under the table as far as I know. Chalk it up to, "It was a cool idea, so, have your campaign pick it up and have fun!" ... Quite frankly, 99% of Shadowrun is created in home tables, anyway, so chalk it up to another one of those and knock it out of the park. Sound slike you've already got some good ideas, so rock it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012