Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: California Free State in the 2070s?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Fresno Bob
So I wanted to start a 4e SR game with my friends, and given that we live in Fresno, CA, I thought it would be fun to set the game in our hometown. However, while there is a wealth of information on CA from 3e (Shadows of North America, in particular), I have yet to find anything concrete for the 2070s, leaving me to seemingly have to build things from the ground up. Like, what happened with Saito? The only thing I can find on him is "In 2069, he was removed from power", which is woefully... lacking in terms of resolution. Does Ares and KE now control that section of CalFree? What is the situation with Tir Tairngire and the northern part of the state? Is the San Joaquin Valley still an agricultural center? With LA part of the PCC now, is the Los Angeles Aqueduct still active?

Anyway, anyone with some concrete info or thoughts on the condition of the state sharing that would be super.
BishopMcQ
DotA2, p 26 has a good map to show what parts of the state are in which countries. 6WA has an entry for CalFree p. 176-177. (That map shows the same boundaries, but I like the DotA one better.)
Wakshaani
Yeah, the CFS is kinda quiet these days. The Tir in revolution up north, the PCC getting hungry and snappping up the south, and Saito getting kicked out of the middle ... they're a bunch of nervous nellies, I'd think.
Critias
The Tir's borders have stabilized (which is to say, they haven't been pushing South and screwed with California or anything), but there's -- very currently -- potentially some rockiness going on in NorCal thanks to Hestaby's draconic shenanigans.
Shinobi Killfist
I'm not even sure if Fresno exists anymore what with the earthquake, sinkhole, fall into the ocean thing. I know every place went kind of crap holeish in Sr, but they seemed to have a real mad on about california.
Seriously Mike
QUOTE (Shinobi Killfist @ Sep 5 2012, 07:49 AM) *
I'm not even sure if Fresno exists anymore what with the earthquake, sinkhole, fall into the ocean thing.

That thing never reached Fresno, it went only as far north as downtown LA. At least according to CorpEnc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012