Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cyberlimb Upgrades Question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Major Doom
This is mostly a thematic/roleplay question than mechanics. If a cyberlimb, let's say a cyberarm, is being upgraded its Armor, from Armor 2 to Armor 3 for example, does the cyberarm get replaced entirely or is the Armor component is just replaced in-place?
Tanegar
Neither. An additional armor plate is affixed to the outer surface with duct tape.
KarmaInferno
An increase of 1 isn't much.

Probably not an armor plate. Just a dead cat strapped on the arm.

-k
bannockburn
All joking aside (while I had to chuckle wink.gif): I think everything that takes capacity slots can be installed separately, without exchanging the whole limb (or eye or whatever). It just gets added.
Everything that upgrades the rating of said limb would be an exchange.
Major Doom
QUOTE (bannockburn @ Sep 13 2012, 06:31 PM) *
All joking aside (while I had to chuckle wink.gif): I think everything that takes capacity slots can be installed separately, without exchanging the whole limb (or eye or whatever). It just gets added.
Everything that upgrades the rating of said limb would be an exchange.

I began looking through the books for the cost and availability of duct tape and thinking of an adventure for finding some dead cats to affix as armor. Good thing you responded before I did something stupid. The capacity slot thing is much easier to handle.
bannockburn
Could still be worthwhile for a street level campaign. Go nuts wink.gif

http://www.comicvine.com/dogwelder/29-12152/ !!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012