Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Endowment and Long-Term Binding
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Makki
1. Does a spirit set on Long-term Binding by paying karma=force still follow me around in the astral within a radius of 100m x magic as normal bound spirits do?

Sustaining a power is a continuos service, so using Endowment to provide me with one of his powers (e.g. Concealment, Natural Weapon, Movement, etc) counts as one service applicable for Long-Term Binding. Using Endowment instead of using the power directly on me, has two huge advantages:
a) I can turn the power on and off at my will and provide for others as I like.
b) My Magic is used to calculate the effect.

2. Is being endowed an active aura, as a spell is and as presumably a common critter power is, so that it will be blocked by astral barriers unless I have Extended Masking?
blaze2050
1. I'm not sure that a bound spirit has to follow you around. Technically he has to have LOS to the target when the power is "cast" but after that the spirit can go away (page 293 SR4A in the explanation what "sustained" duration means):
Also, line of sight does not have to be maintained after the power takes hold of its target. Critters may sustain a number of powers equal to their Magic at one time

2. Barriers ignore always on powers like natural weapons (so animals don't loose their claws when going through a barrier). I would say Endowment is not always-on, but it is explicitly left to your GM (page 194)
Adept powers and many always-on critter powers are innate and so are unaffected by a barrier, though if the gamemaster chooses certain ranged and sustained critter powers (such as Concealment or Movement) may suffer the same fate as spells or foci (using the critter’s Magic rather than Force)
pbangarth
QUOTE (Makki @ Sep 21 2012, 12:35 AM) *
b) My Magic is used to calculate the effect.

Not sure that this is the case. If it were, then mundanes could not be endowed with a power, as they have no Magic. No such limit is specified.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012