Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Initiative Boosting
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
StealthSigma
So I'm looking for ways to increase a character's initiative score.

There's the big obvious ways (increasing Reaction and Intuition) but what other ways are there to directly increase initiative or the dice on initiative tests?
The Jopp
-Combat Drugs
-Spending Karma
-Cyberware
-Bioware
-Magic Spell
-Adept Power
-Spirit Power?
StealthSigma
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Sep 24 2012, 10:25 AM) *
-Combat Drugs
-Spending Karma
-Cyberware
-Bioware
-Magic Spell
-Adept Power
-Spirit Power?

I'm looking for increasing your initiative not your initiative passes, I should probably clarify this a bit more I guess.

I'm looking to increase the initiative score which is used for initiative (obviously) and surprise tests (less obviously). Anything which increases the dice pool for either of those tests is what I want.
Iduno
Reaction enhancers would increase you reaction, although things like wired reflexes will do that while also increasing passes.

Spells and adept powers can increase reaction and/or intuition up to the augmented maximum.

Genetic optimization, Surge, and exceptional attribute allow you to increase intuition and reaction, as well as giving you a higher augmented maximum.

It looks like transgenics are specific to intuition-linked skills (Qualia dn Dynomitan) or specifically say they do not affect initiative (Reakt).

Makki
Combat Sense adept power and spell add to Surprise tests. As do a few Martial Arts styles.

Tactical AR Software may give bonus to initiative.

a successfull Leadership test by the rules in WAR! grants initiative bonus.

Perception. If successful it adds +3 to Surprise.

Edit: There's a magical compound paint you can apply to your chest, that adds +1 to initiative.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012