Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cognition & Somatic Control
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Makki
You make a Magic + Logic + IG (2) test and every net hit allows you to shift one attribute. Realistically, for an early character this is ~12 dice and you could sometimes get 3 net hits.

Now how do I handle the drain of 3x3 stun damage with only Willpower+Body?

Yes, I could make a Goblin Adept Changeling who's always on Deepweed or Hurlg with 9(10) Willpower and Mind over Matter (Will->Bod). Or an Eagle Shifter. But what if I want to be, lets say a slightly less weird creature like a Human?

Does anybody have expierence with these Metamagics? Maybe houseruled the drain to hits x 2?
Thanee
No idea. They seem pretty weak. Even if there was NO Drain, I would probably not take them over other stuff like Masking or Adept Centering, or an extra PP if that optional rule is used.

Bye
Thanee
Udoshi
Metamagics like these are why the Buying A Metamagic Outside Of Initiation optional rules are nice.

Most metamagics just aren't worth it.

As for drain, use a trauma damper or be a mystic adept with a real tradition that doesn't use Body for drain.
The Jopp
QUOTE (Udoshi @ Sep 26 2012, 02:15 PM) *
As for drain, use a trauma damper or be a mystic adept with a real tradition that doesn't use Body for drain.

Or use a Troll with BOD 12 and decent willpower.

Hmm, is the drain used AFTER attributes have changed or by the attributes you have before the change.

Kinda useful if I can first move mental attributes to BOD and then use BOD value for drain.
Udoshi
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Sep 26 2012, 07:18 AM) *
Hmm, is the drain used AFTER attributes have changed or by the attributes you have before the change.

I'd say treat it like a Spell. Roll for effect, THEN drain.
Makki
The text says "after the effect wears off" and "when the effect ends"
The Jopp
QUOTE (Makki @ Sep 27 2012, 05:26 AM) *
The text says "after the effect wears off" and "when the effect ends"

So a Troll magician moving his BOD and STR attribute to LOG and WIL to become a better 'drainer' and then he uses his normal attributes of say BOD 12 and WIL 5 to drain?
Makki
you can only shift between physical attributes OR between mental attributes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012