Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Stalking the Edge
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Buddha72
Ama and Mato
She listens intently to Amy's revelation about her gifts/

"When you call on this power how do you feel afterward? Your body, is it taxed at all? Any fatigue or exhaustion? When you strike is it just a touch or are you inflicted physical damage with it?"
Fenris
Ama and Mato

Amy's brow furrows as she considers the question, eyes returning to the ground.

"I never really paid much attention, I guess. Tired, yeah, I think? It's only happened a few times, but I didn't like, pass out afterwards or anything. And I don't have to hurt them - I mean, I suppose I could, ya? Usually just a touch, I never thought of like, punching them wit' it or anything. Do you...you know about this stuff, right? I mean, I saw how ya' laid those guys out in da' hall, with like the energy and stuff."
BishopMcQ
Ama and Mato

"Sounds like shaman spirit touch you, give talent. I assense you, tell you what I see. Focus on feeling, hold it close to you. Sometimes totem bless you with mask."
Fenris
Mato

Amy looks to Ama for guidance, and seeing no negative response, squeezes her eyes closed, brow creased with concentration. In the astral, a dark smoke begins to curl up from the girl's body, suddenly snapping into a high resolution image, like a 3D picture coming into focus, of a dark, hooded figure hunched over the girl, twin points of burning light glaring from beneath the hood, it's body fading to a mist that seemed to rise from the girl.

Those in the room not able to see the astral watch as light begins to leak from the girl's eyes, dark traceries of black, a mockery of veins and arteries, beginning to trace themselves down the girl's arms and over her curled fists.

She blinks her eyes open, looking up at you as the image fades.

"Did I...I mean, did that do it? Did you see anything?"
BishopMcQ
Ama and Mato

"Yes, that worked. You are guided by the crow-touched and night folk as my people call them. Ama, how do you call wounded king and goddess of night?

"Amy, know that you are strong. Stronger than many I have taught but power needs focus. The eagle kills with focus and strikes true. The badger is ferocity untamed but dies when the fight is end. You must walk the spirit lands to grow in strength, but skill and learning give you more choices."

Buddha72
Ama and Mato

"Izanami is the kami that I answer to thought it sounds like our magic may be similar enough that I can guide you in it's use."

Her voice is thoughtful and her gratitude plain on her face for Mato's assistance.

"I believe that Mato can explain how to call on your magic and shape it while I can help you better understand how this mentor spirit will affect your magic and how to balance its needs with your own."

She stands and gestures for Amy to rise and moves her out of the living room.

"Begin working on the armor and I will see to getting you a weapon. I will talk with Mato and we can begin lessons for you starting tomorrow. In the meantime you must tell either of us if you see, feel or experience anything out of the ordinary. Your gift has been neglected and can manifest in unexpected ways until you have more training but we are here and with you."

With a gentle push she sends the young woman on her way before returning to sit with the bear shifter.

"So we are safe for now and together. How do you want to proceed? I have that lead for the pack of ghouls and would like to know what you think our next step should be."
Fenris
Ama and Mato

With a grateful nod, Amy turns and heads from the room, leaving the three adults in privacy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012