Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sacrificial Limb now out!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JM Hardy
The post-GenCon wait is over! Sacrificial Limb, the second in the Boardroom Backstabs adventure, is now available for print pre-order and PDF purchase (Battlecorps, DriveThruRPG)! Here's what you get:

SECRETS WORTH KILLING FOR

In 2072, Roger Soaring Owl, CEO of Knight Errant, resigned.

In 2073, Roger Soaring Owl was attacked on the streets of Denver. Witnesses were not clear on just what attacked him, but most say it was meaner, stronger, and faster than any metahuman.

Now it’s 2074. It’s time to find out what Roger Soaring Owl learned.

Corporate machinations don’t get any meaner than this. Rivals of the megacorporation are certain it’s hiding some dark secrets, and they’re willing to spend significant nuyen to uncover this information. Runners are going to have to infiltrate an Ares subsidiary and gain the corporation’s trust if they want to discover the secret—and if they do, they will have to find a way to survive with what they have learned.

Sacrificial Limb is the second in the Boardroom Backstabs series of adventures for Shadowrun. It has plot information, NPC details, player handouts, and everything needed to throw players into the depths of corporate espionage, digging for the paydata the megacorps want to keep hidden.

Sacrificial Limb is for use with Shadowrun, Twentieth Anniversary Edition.
Sengir
Gaaahhh, as if my backlog wasn't already large enough
Prime Mover
I'm with ya, been so busy lately got 7 pdf's in my "to read" folder (not all SR). Just finally got caught up on my Fluff and Smoke chapters. Gotta say kinda saw ending coming, reminds me of something I'd do to my players.
Sengir
What, zero comments/reviews so far? I've been waiting for the resolution of this plotline for ages and Pegasus' new AGS Travel Guide did not make it to the Spiel in Essen (or rather, the truck didn't) but...well, not all CGL products have been worth picking up as of late wink.gif
Fatum
I only quickly flipped through my player's book, and let me note that
[ Spoiler ]
Also, I can't believe the stats for grunts are serious. Street Punks (Professional Rating 3)? Containment Zone Gangers (Professional Rating 3)? Ghouls (Professional Rating 3)? Really? No, really? Compared to the stuff in Core: Humanis Policlub Goon Squad (Professional Rating 0), Corporate Security (Professional Rating 2), Lone Star Police Squad Member (Professional Rating 3)?!

Won't buy.
hermit
I want to be a Knight Errant Trainee. I also want a weekly payment of 2000 Euros.
Sengir
Got bored, bought it for the story, was severely disappointed by the inconsequential story and at the same time glad I didn't buy it as an adventure. As an adventure it read like "well, the players are here. We don't tell you what they might do here, but there are some possible sideplots. Just be careful not to have them do sideplot X, that would spoil the story"...
Sengir
A more detailed review, going chapter-by-chapter. As such, spoilers ahead

[ Spoiler ]
Nath
QUOTE (Sengir @ Oct 30 2012, 04:54 PM) *
Yes, he's talking about the Ottawa in Quebec.
No trolling please.

At least, not so obvious.
CanRay
QUOTE (Sengir @ Oct 30 2012, 10:54 AM) *
The barkeeper asks the runners to transport a vase to Ottawa. Yes, he's talking about the Ottawa in Quebec.
QUOTE (Nath @ Oct 30 2012, 01:46 PM) *
No trolling please.

To be fair, Ottawa-Hull has been a part of Quebec for a long time now. biggrin.gif
Fatum
QUOTE (Sengir @ Oct 30 2012, 07:54 PM) *
The conference room is twice as large as the server room?
Isn't it the other way round? Anyhow, I've been to server rooms that easily dwarf most conference rooms (that only fit one table for eight, as the map seems to imply), so what's the problem here? They just have a few racks - they're doing research, must have high computational needs.
Sengir
QUOTE (Nath @ Oct 30 2012, 07:46 PM) *
No trolling please.

The book says Ottawa is in the Republic of Quebec, admittedly so far I didn't care enough for that part of the 6th World to call it into question.

@Fatum: Yep, should be the other way round. And I figure by 2070 server rooms are quite a bit smaller than today, just like today's racks look really lonely in a room built in the 70s wink.gif
pbangarth
QUOTE (CanRay @ Oct 30 2012, 03:16 PM) *
To be fair, Ottawa-Hull has been a part of Quebec for a long time now. biggrin.gif

The man said no trolling!
Fatum
QUOTE (Sengir @ Oct 31 2012, 02:46 AM) *
@Fatum: Yep, should be the other way round. And I figure by 2070 server rooms are quite a bit smaller than today, just like today's racks look really lonely in a room built in the 70s wink.gif
Ah, you haven't been around IBM zSeries mainframes, have you? Not quite their predecessors, but still can take up quite a bit of space, especially with he disk storages, tape libraries, and the rest of the good stuff.
Besides, more teraflops! MORE! MOOOOREEEE! You'll have so much computational power! Those are not your dad's ultraviolet nodes! Those are X-ray nodes! GAMMA NODES!
Bearclaw
So has anyone actually read/run this?

<edit>Nevermind. Sengir had a review in spoilers. Sadly, he hates it. Too bad, the beginning/intro looks great. I'd really like a second opinion though. From the sound of it, maybe I can use scene 7 without the rest. The next time the team fails at something, everything goes black and they wake up in a room strapped to gurneys smile.gif </edit>
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012