Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sweet Jeebus w/ a chainsaw....
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Sid Nitzerglobin
Just replace the underbarrel w/ a monofilament version
The Jopp
QUOTE (Sid Nitzerglobin @ Oct 10 2012, 07:46 AM) *

I guess it would be more useful than a bayonet but hardly something I'd use on a run - especially not against ghouls...
Neraph
Just imagine the liability that that chainsaw would cause against HMHVV opponents...
The Jopp
QUOTE (Neraph @ Oct 11 2012, 04:36 AM) *
Just imagine the liability that that chainsaw would cause against HMHVV opponents...

All dat contagious bloodsplatter...
Manunancy
It's likely to be extremely unbalanced amking it a very poor shoot - along with a fairly poor melee weapon as the handling will be quite horrible with handle parts totaly unsuited for melee wielding. Even if in a room-to-room fight scene accuracy isn't exactly a prime concern, slowing down the aiming phase will. Last but not least, if you make an habit of using the thing, expect your nototriety to climb - both from the mess it leaves behind and it's one of-a-kind nature
ShadowDragon8685
If you're finding that a standard knife-on-a-lug-nut isn't cutting it anymore (pun fully intended,) don't go to a ridiculous chainsaw idea. Just get yourself a Victorinox Flick Bayonet! This memory metal device looks like a decorative grip on the front of your barrel, all coiled around the barrel and all, but with the flick of a button - or just a thought, if your gun is Smartlinked - it whip-uncoils itself and instantly becomes an erect, forward-pointing ridgid tool of devastating penetration, sharp and shiny!

1,500 nuyen.gif more than you want to spend? Worried that, though cool, the Flick Bayonet is no better at murdering things than a standard knife bayonet? Brother, we have the solution for you! For just a fraction of the price (literally 1/25th,) you can get the Blade Bayonet, and put a choppa on the end of your shoota! Innovations fresh from Bogota, my friends, just crack open your copy of War!

Also, Monofilament Chainsaws are really, really crap melee weapons. The book goes out of its way to assign them penalties.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Oct 13 2012, 07:43 AM) *
Also, Monofilament Chainsaws are really, really crap melee weapons. The book goes out of its way to assign them penalties.

Actually, they are great Melee Weapons for low strength characters, though with Drawbacks. If you don't care about the drawbacks (Penalties to wield, Melee Range, etc) that is. That said, I would never use one as a Melee Weapon, as that is just dumb... smile.gif
The Jopp
The Chainsaw has some uses though:
-Cutting through doors
-Getting through tough underbrush
-Slicing up flesh form insect spirits and other critters

But..I'd probably use underbarrel:
-Tazer (for that quiet live takedown) Usually mounted on a pistol as alternate fire.
-Eishiro Hatamoto II [One fat shotgun round on a pistol can save your life]
-Shotgun [Shock-Lock rounds to remove door locks]
-Flamethrower [Crispy Ghoul removes bloodsplatter risk]
-Grapple Gun [I swing that way]

Sid Nitzerglobin
Really just posted up for WTF! factor of a RL chainsaw bayonet.

It does seem like it could be stylistically appropriate for some pink mohawk games IMO though, even if for nothing more than the intimidation effect.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012