Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just a little section for discussion on archtype
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Raiden
so, was wondereing, what was the closest thing that you have played/played with/ fought against to resembling a paladin, (or anti paladin) in general terms? just curious to see if anyone else has had a thought to try this :3. and if so how it was done.
Bigity
A mystical adept with a rigid code of honor and enough face skills/magic to tell when someone is lying? And probably a weapon focus.

Unless you mean a Tir paladin, which is someone who just kicks ass, whether cyber, adept, or magical, or whatever.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Bigity @ Oct 12 2012, 03:19 PM) *
A mystical adept with a rigid code of honor and enough face skills/magic to tell when someone is lying? And probably a weapon focus.

Unless you mean a Tir paladin, which is someone who just kicks ass, whether cyber, adept, or magical, or whatever.

"Tir Paladins are a bunch of Dandelion Eatin' Candy Asses" *Did I say that out loud?*
"Ummmmm..... Never Mind"
Dolanar
Add in that all of their Powers are Geased to their code of Honor (paladin's who fail their ethical code tend to lose powers) you could Maybe make them a Mystic Adept, as well, give them a religious Tradition....
Cabral
QUOTE (Raiden @ Oct 12 2012, 04:10 PM) *
so, was wondereing, what was the closest thing that you have played/played with/ fought against to resembling a paladin, (or anti paladin) in general terms? just curious to see if anyone else has had a thought to try this :3. and if so how it was done.

Where are you coming from with this question? What is your definition of a Paladin? The D&D class? It's unlikely you are referring to Charlemagne's Paladins.

If you are looking for an adaptation of the D&D class, I would go with an adept or mystic adept. With either version, several Street Magic abilities help the concept:
  • Item Attunement
  • Animal Attunement
  • Empathic Healing (more for straight adept adaptations)
  • Magic Sense
  • Astral Perception
  • Pain Relief
  • Rapid Healing
  • Spell Resistance

Tir Paladins are described in the SR4A book.
Raiden
i was just asking in general of what people see as paladins, and how they would create said paladin, as far as I go, I base paladins off of WoW/warcraft lore alot.
Raiden
QUOTE (Cabral @ Oct 13 2012, 12:30 AM) *
Where are you coming from with this question? What is your definition of a Paladin? The D&D class? It's unlikely you are referring to Charlemagne's Paladins.

Tir Paladins are described in the SR4A book.

Charlemagne, you mean the "french" king that united most of middle Europe? his elite guard Calvary paladins?
Dolanar
Typically there are a few things that describe MOST paladin concepts, here are a few points to think about when designing your idea.

1. Extreme faith in an ideology/creed/belief system
2. an ability to defend the weak
3. if working within the confines of Fantasy, an ability to cast curative/defensive spells, or retributive
4. in fantasy, a Natural inclination to destroy the concept of "evil" (not as easy to work with in the Shadowrun universe)

Now...Mind you a Paladin is extremely difficult to play in the Shadowrun universe, simply because by default, Paladins are good people, they do not Lie, cheat, steal, & Murder, they are not criminals, which by definition you are as a shadowrunner. Its not hard to give the basics of a Shadowrunner, but to get the Creed correct you'll have to think more like a Fallen Paladin, looking to make ammends for a major past transgression, perhaps you are looking to gain the forgiveness of an Order that you belonged to, & in order to do so, you must make pennance by helping people ala Burn Notice type missions, a minor bad thing for a much greater good, perhaps mainly hitting companies that your order would Deem "evil".

All in all, its not easy & if you want the creed concept to affect your powers there is something to do to handle that, but if the party goes along with it, it can be workable.
Raiden
actually, I believe as along as paladins believe they are right in their views, IE doing something bad for good, they have no problems with their powers. but, on a slightly diff subject, what armor would you give him O.o.
Makki
there are several Mentor Spirits for awakened Paladins. Wise Warrior, Dragonslayer, Lion.

A Paladin in SR could be a prime enemy to the team, because they stole/attacked something precious to whom or whatever he's fighting for.

They would wear any armor a combat character in 2070 would wear. It's not 1578, after all.
Raiden
was looking into a paladin NPC, that can either be with the team, or against them. :3, just a bunch of my friends and me screwing around, karma progression is ridiculous but they enjoy it, and I enjoy making broken enemies for them, atm used about 1300 karma on this paladin, sitting at 35/30 armor with a shield. no encumbrance MWHAHAHA, pain res, heal, a lot of other pally like spells and powers. and summons haha. they will most likely piss him off, but maybe they wont. lol. his condition modifiers are ridiculous as well, though he uses no ranged... cept for 2 combat spells I thought were appropriate, fireball and laser (holy light smiting the enemies and what not). but who needs a gun when you can hit 11 base with a sword lol. (friends love high lvl stuff, they say it makes it more like an epic action adventure movie/story, eh, im not complaining much). oh yea, he can throw spells back at casters pretty easily. >:3. yeah i am horrible
hermit
You might want to look into Runner's Companion, it has a Quality called Code of Conduct or somesuch. You can use that for the Paladin Code you want to implement.

However, if you want to just wank off with your super awesome GMPC, well ... I think there's a looking for group section on Dumpshock. I know there's one on Shadowrun.com.

actually, I believe as along as paladins believe they are right in their views, IE doing something bad for good, they have no problems with their powers. but, on a slightly diff subject, what armor would you give him O.o.

So Osama bin Laden is a paladin in Raidenverse? Nice.

Armour (a rough idea):

Chain mail suite with YNT Softweave, Gel Packs, and an associated helmet based on the SWAT helmet.
Form-fitted Body Armour Full Suite with YNT Softweave, Gel Packs, and a Stim Autoinjector (for the frequent times Stun overflow knocks him out cold)
Entire set pf SecTec Pł with Gel Packs (each)
Quickened Armour spell of high magnitude on his underpants
Raiden
its for the ridiculously high lvl group of my friends, in RL, or w.e u call actually meeting up "in the meat" lol. he is gonna be thier friend or enemy.. knowing them, most likely an enemy lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012