Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your favorite runner type, either one you played or played with
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Raiden
just list what he did, his concept, and maybe a funny or cool story to go with it if ya want. just a fun little thing to keep people entertained, does not have to be limited to one type!! (or concept)
FuelDrop
Crazy Redneck Jesus: Demolitions and shotguns, this guy is the wrath of god walking. Oh, and he's at rating 8 in his church (which works like a christian church of Scientology, apparently).
Ruby
My two favorites are my technomancer & user-namesake Ruby. She developed from a mousy bookworm into a rough & tumble runner who could kick ass on the matrix.

My next favorite has been my husband's Face & expert of disguise, Argento (aka Gabriella Martinez aka "the runner with a thousand faces") Just everything about their past and how they operate as a runner fascinates me. It's the most developed character he's ever made too.
MADness
Mr. Brown. A chef turned runner. Part face, part chemical assasin.
Krishach
The hacker, by far. They can get involved in EVERYTHING but astral. Age of the geek, baby. Even my current Mystic Adept has his eye on the hacker prize.

Bit, a neoteny punk chick technomancer, who is roomies with the dumb-as-fuck troll brawler (and another players PC, who was made at the same time). Picture the Yeti from bugs bunny (I will hold him and squeeze him and call him George): that's kinda how he was. And the technomancer is a punkrock chick who despises being labeled a kid or treated like one. George kept trying to carry Bit. So Bit hijacked an automated garbage truck, and ran him over. This was all just on the way to the meet to get a job, so like the first 5 minutes of both characters existences.

The truck didn't even phase George (or hurt him). He kept right on with the "D'awww that's cute!" line, with Bit trying to chew his arm off. All of which was 2 players ad lib for walking to the bar. The rest of the group, also meeting for the first time, had varying reactions, but some of the best "wtf" expressions I've seen on a player. And I play Paranoia.
Lantzer
Gremlin Shaman - Earned a quarter of a million nuyen by getting carjacked. It's a long story. The things that happen when you're on vacation.
Christian Lafay
The experiment I made of the Trust Fund Runner living a luxury lifestyle. An adrenaline junky who can't find a drug or vacation that gets him high enough. Usually takes on missions for expenses and nothing else, letting his crew put his share toward emergencies.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012