Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Tune lifestyle quality and sprites
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Machine Ghost
The "In Tune" lifestyle quality on RC162 says
QUOTE (RC162)
For some reason, the wireless infrastructure around your home is especially in tune with the Resonance. Technomancers gain a +2 to all Resonance-based tests while physically in their home.
As resonance based entities, would sprites get the bonus when 'residing' in the home CHN, the TM's biological node, or any other device present at the home?

For a Resonance Well, any resonance based entity visiting the node would get appropriate bonus modifiers, invited or not. But for "In Tune", are other resonance entities affected? That emphasis on "physically" in the home raises questions about what physical location means to a sprite, and whether they qualify, or only technomancers. And maybe 'in the flesh' technocritters from Running Wild.

From the wording, a visiting TM (invited or not) would also gain the bonus.
Krishach
As i see it, physical presence has nothing to do with location of any hardware. A sprite would not get the bonuses, and a technomancer (invited or not) would physically have to be there to get bonuses. Otherwise, you could "visit" yourself, and never have to be there yourself, thus defeating the limitation. Technocritters would get the bonus, begin in the home, and sprites never would.

My technomancer currently uses Feng Shui, resonance node, and In-Tune all at once.
UmaroVI
I agree with Krishach. Sprites are not physically anywhere, so they can never get In Tune.
Jaid
what if they were piloting a drone? nyahnyah.gif

or if they were doing something in the node, would they not have to be present there?

i'd allow it. although, trying to use multiple icon shenanigans wouldn't be allowed...
Krishach
The Matrix is it's own little world though, and the physical location of the hardware makes this irrelevant. The SPRITE isn't physically there, the DRONE is. And the DRONE cannot make resonance actions. Just similarly, if the technomancer is at home, and his home node is a Resonance node, he does not get the bonuses just for being physically present. He must tie in to the node first, regardless of where he physically is.
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Krishach @ Oct 25 2012, 12:03 AM) *
The Matrix is it's own little world though, and the physical location of the hardware makes this irrelevant. The SPRITE isn't physically there, the DRONE is. And the DRONE cannot make resonance actions. Just similarly, if the technomancer is at home, and his home node is a Resonance node, he does not get the bonuses just for being physically present. He must tie in to the node first, regardless of where he physically is.

OK, I can (my TM can) 'think of' the matrix as the 'Resonance' (astral variant) plane, where sprites live. In Tune is on the physical plane, although there is 'overlap / bleed through' from the resonance plane. The sprite never crosses the border, so never gets the bonus. They do not have a 'materialize' equivalent power. He can 'project' into that plane, but still stays on the physical. He gets the bonus because the physical BOD is being bathed by the energies, whether acting locally in AR or in VR node who knows where. A sprite controlling a drone is still working from that other plane, just 'herding electrons' that have effects across the border.

Your TM with In Tune, Feng Shui, and Resonance Well can get the benefit of all three when physically at home (to get the first two), AND in virtual in the local network to get the last. My TM with the first two, can get the benefit of all 3 IF he locates and gets access to an RW someplace else, when he is physically at home, but 'visiting' that well in VR.

Sprites only ever get benefit from the RW, and only while visiting it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012