Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Adept Power
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
The Jopp
The Ricochet ability is an upgrade to Missile Mastery where the adept have an uncanny ability to bounce projectiles into hitting targets that would be almost impossible to hit.

Cost: 0,25/Level
Prerequisite: Missile Mastery

Each level allows the adept to modify the attack angle of the throw so that it does not come from the obvious direction of the thrower but instead bounce on the wall behind him and then hit a pipe to his left and then smack into the target from the right.

Targets in cover
Each point of cover the target has counts as a 'bounce' that the projectile needs to make in order to avoid the cover and still strike the target. Each 'bounce' lower the total damage by 1 instead of reducing the dice pool up to the adepts Ricochet power.

Targets in the open
If the target is in the open the ability can be used in the same manner but each 'bounce' the adepts decide to use lowers the targets reaction down to the minimum of 1 as a kind of surprise attack to lowering their dodge chance. The total damage is lowered by 1 by each 'bounce' as above.

Hidden targets
The adept can also use this to strike targets around corners they cannot see. In this case the adept reduce the total power of the attack by the Blind-Fire modifier but loose no attack dice. The adept must still be aware of the targets and cant just throw something and hope in blind luck to hit SOMETHING.
Makki
how about the search function? http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?s=&a...t&p=1181685
Marwynn
We've just been handling ricochets/bounces as called shots. I like the formalization as a power though.
The Jopp
QUOTE (Makki @ Oct 26 2012, 12:12 PM) *

Because I realized it AFTER i posted it. nyahnyah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012