Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drones Swarm
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
CanadianWolverine
So watch this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3ernrkZ91E

"Spatially Targeted Communication and Self-Assembly," by Nithin Mathews, Anders Lyhne Christensen, Rehan O'Grady, and Marco Dorigo, from Universite Libre de Bruxelles and Instituto Universitario de Lisboa, was presented at IROS 2012 in Vilamoura, Portugal.
_Pax._
Pretty cool stuff.

Would be fun to see SR come out with something along those lines, as a drone option.
The Jopp
I think you CAN do all that in SR4 today. We might be limited to smaller drones due to the amounts we want. But let's take the Fly-Spy and the MK_Centipede.

1: Hardware Drone Upgrades [Fuzzy Logic]

2: Standard useful sensor upgrades

3: Put them all in the same network.

The Fly-Spy will now give aerial sensor data and the ground drones will share what their sensors tell them and work to get from A-B and solve problems and the Centipede's can all lock into each others to become stronger.
Modular Man
Add in tacnet software. It eliminates part of the "cannot imagine the other robots' point of view" problem. SR tech is a little ahead on the tech curve.

Anyhow this is a great idea for drones. Thank you!
The Jopp
QUOTE (Modular Man @ Oct 29 2012, 02:43 PM) *
Add in tacnet software. It eliminates part of the "cannot imagine the other robots' point of view" problem. SR tech is a little ahead on the tech curve.

Anyhow this is a great idea for drones. Thank you!

This could also be replicated with larger drones like a simple LTA Drone and a few ground based weaponized systems like dobermans.

Could be a nasty and rather cheap tacnet based corporate security system. Especially if they are all linked and spoofing a drone wont work as it gets fed conflicting information from OTHER drones at the same time.
Marwynn
I knew it! All that hard work so you could order bots to fetch you chips and drinks.
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Marwynn @ Oct 29 2012, 08:03 PM) *
I knew it! All that hard work so you could order bots to fetch you chips and drinks.

Spirits get annoyed when you do that. Much better to have a drone.
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Oct 29 2012, 11:25 AM) *
This could also be replicated with larger drones like a simple LTA Drone and a few ground based weaponized systems like dobermans.

Could be a nasty and rather cheap tacnet based corporate security system. Especially if they are all linked and spoofing a drone wont work as it gets fed conflicting information from OTHER drones at the same time.
So you hack/spoof the tacnet. Send alternate data, and ALL the drones are messed up.
The Jopp
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Oct 30 2012, 09:29 AM) *
So you hack/spoof the tacnet. Send alternate data, and ALL the drones are messed up.

Pretty much.

I'm guessing that SPOOF literally takes care of ANYTHING in a network so if one drone is spoofed in the network then ALL of them is.

This CAN be circumvented if they have a protocol/instruction where they receive information from a 3rd source as well that is not in the network.

That's when Fuzzy Logic truly comes into play as the drones have to handle conflicting information.

I'm wondering if Fuzzy Logic+Pilot should be used as a resistance test against Illusions and when they received spoofed data?

Not when receiving instructions that are not conflicting but when being told they see IMAGE:A and another drone tells them it's IMAGE:B. Then they should receive a resistance test because they have the limited ability to make decisions by themselves.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012