Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Manascape
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
NiL_FisK_Urd
I was just wondering about the spell "Manascape" in Digital Grimoire. It states:

QUOTE (DG @ p.17)
While it cannot create auras or astral forms where there are none, it can change the impressions gained from Assensing, the Psychometry or Sensing metamagic, the Astral Window spell, the Magic Sense adept power, and other magical senses.

Can it hide auras?

Similar, can i use "Trid Phantasm" to conceal a group of people through displaying the illusion of an empty sidewalk?
Udoshi
No. Certain illusions spells are kinda useless on the astral unless you have a means to hide the spell's aura.

Extended masking(street magic) and spell masking(spy games) can do it.
DoomFrog
You can't hide your aura, but you can make it look like something else. It is more like an astral shapeshift than an astral illusion.

And yes you can use Trid Phantasm as an invisibility spell by creating an illusion of the room being empty. Of course this is less useful than using the invisibility spell to make yourself invisible. The Phantasm spells effect an area so once you leave the area you aren't invisible anymore.
DoomFrog
Sorry, double post.
NiL_FisK_Urd
QUOTE (DoomFrog @ Nov 1 2012, 06:28 PM) *
You can't hide your aura, but you can make it look like something else. It is more like an astral shapeshift than an astral illusion.

And yes you can use Trid Phantasm as an invisibility spell by creating an illusion of the room being empty. Of course this is less useful than using the invisibility spell to make yourself invisible. The Phantasm spells effect an area so once you leave the area you aren't invisible anymore.

You can move area spells with a complex action.
DoomFrog
QUOTE (NiL_FisK_Urd @ Nov 1 2012, 11:27 AM) *
You can move area spells with a complex action.

True, but then you would be moving the illusion of an empty room into a hallway and it would look weird.
lorechaser
I've found Manscaping good for hiding all sorts of things.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012