Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Body Mod Racial MAx
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
yesferatu
Hey guys,

Stupid question...
Does the racial max for body come into play for things like bone density and bone lacing?
They both add a body or armor bonus for resisting damage only.
Is that EXACTLY what that racial max counts or is that only for like drugs and magic boosters to body?
Unlike nearly every other stat, I couldn't find any ware that straight up boosted body in all circumstances.

So confused...
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (yesferatu @ Nov 1 2012, 01:42 PM) *
Hey guys,

Stupid question...
Does the racial max for body come into play for things like bone density and bone lacing?
They both add a body or armor bonus for resisting damage only.
Is that EXACTLY what that racial max counts or is that only for like drugs and magic boosters to body?
Unlike nearly every other stat, I couldn't find any ware that straight up boosted body in all circumstances.

So confused...

No, because it not not a part of your actual Body Stat. It is additional Dice for Resisting Damage only. smile.gif
Iduno
I think only drugs and magic can raise body, intuition, and charisma.
Stahlseele
suprathoid gland raises body directly right?

under SR3 rules, Dermal-Tech and Bone-Work and Cyber-Limbs directly added to Body too.
Glyph
Purely by RAW, the augmented maximum would come into play, due to the stupid way that the descriptions are worded (saying "increase Body" or "+X to the Body Attribute" for damage resistance tests, rather than describing it as a dice pool bonus).

Personally, though, I would house rule it to what I think was actually intended, and make it a dice pool bonus. For one thing, it is a very limited bonus which doesn't affect tests for fatigue, toxins, etc. For another thing, it gets silly when you say that a human with a Body of 1 can get rating: 4 bone density augmentation, while a human with a Body of 6 cannot (because it would take Body past the augmented maximum).
Lantzer
QUOTE (Glyph @ Nov 1 2012, 11:05 PM) *
For another thing, it gets silly when you say that a human with a Body of 1 can get rating: 4 bone density augmentation, while a human with a Body of 6 cannot (because it would take Body past the augmented maximum).

Well, he could, it'd just be a waste of money.
Midas
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Nov 1 2012, 08:59 PM) *
suprathoid gland raises body directly right?

Yes, a Suprathyriod Gland can raise BOD by 1. Cyberbody parts can also raise your aggregate BOD by RAW.

QUOTE (Glyph @ Nov 1 2012, 11:05 PM) *
Purely by RAW, the augmented maximum would come into play, due to the stupid way that the descriptions are worded (saying "increase Body" or "+X to the Body Attribute" for damage resistance tests, rather than describing it as a dice pool bonus).

Personally, though, I would house rule it to what I think was actually intended, and make it a dice pool bonus. For one thing, it is a very limited bonus which doesn't affect tests for fatigue, toxins, etc. For another thing, it gets silly when you say that a human with a Body of 1 can get rating: 4 bone density augmentation, while a human with a Body of 6 cannot (because it would take Body past the augmented maximum).

Yes, I see it the way you see it - like Tailored Pheremones, the limitations of the 'ware to specific tests using the attribute makes it irrelevant to the augmented max of the attribute itself.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012